Unanswered Threads Bifurcation needed to answer better

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by god2014, Jul 7, 2014.

1. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

I would like to give a suggestion on unanswered threads.. I found most of the threads seeking for help or some needs of the individual. Most of them are posts relating to abroad people where they request for help for their personal needs. If the unanswered there is bifurcated as Indians Post and Abroad posts it would be easy to answer them. Daily the unanswered posts could be moved in to two of these categories so that we could help which ever we are aware of... Searching them in 20 pages mostly its difficult task and answering the right ones seems to be tough.
    As i stay in India, any posts related to my place i would answer if i knew, same way abroad people can help for posts relating to them....

2 people like this.

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi God2014,

It is a good observation. I would categorize it even more broadly. The categorization is Location specific vs Not-Location Specific. Even in India, if you are in Kolkata, it is hard to answer a query specific to Mumbai.

However, there is a simple solution.

Don't use : Quick Links -> Unanswered threads
    Use : Quick Links -> Unanswered Threads Dashboard

In the dashboard, the unanswered threads are categorized by sub-forum. You can then choose the sub-forum where you live and also other topical sub-forums to answer unanswered threads. Thanks.

Jey