unable to sleep after 2 mnths of delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by aru219, Nov 8, 2010.

1. aru219

aru219 New IL'ite

hi all i deliverd a girl 2 months back thru csection.i am now with 2 kids and done with family palnning also.my inlaws are with me to help.since 1 week i am unable to sleep at nights i am fellin very low and no specific reason also.they are vey good with me n baby also sleeps by 11 or 12 at night.is it symtom of any depression ? i went to doctor alsoshe said nthng to worry just sleep.
    i am tired all the day but still able to sleep by 2 or 3 in the moning .i am so worried please anybody gone thru such situation helppp me ....
    i am worried to take sleeping pills also coz i mat get used to them.

Admin Note: Check our articles for more information on sleep and its effects:
    Sleep Well to Look Beautiful
    5 Surprising Reasons Why You Are Not Getting Good Sleep
    [h=1]What causes Sleeplessness during Pregnancy[/h]

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Aru,
    Are you sleeping through day time???If you are, just stop it and engage yourself in some baby work. Day sleeping is not good for delivered ladies. Have warm milk and warm bath before going to bed, no doubt you will have a sound sleep.

3. aru219

aru219 New IL'ite

have anybody gonr thru depresion after delivery.i am happy n active all the day but sacred of nights i am unable to sleep at all. n sacred of using slleping pillls also.please suggest me something i am tired all the day with abbay and night times unable to sleep .

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I havent personally gone through this sleepless phase but I have seen a few ladies feeling a bit depressed. I dont think there is anything to worry about. If you are concerned, ask you doctor again for suggestions.
    Also, were you on any kind of medication soon after the delivery? The reason I am asking is that, when I met with an accident, I took lot of pain killers/narcotics. When I went off them, I started having sleepless nights. My body was so used to those drugs that I just could not sleep without them. Given some time, it all came back to normal.

But, if this is not the case, please check with your doctor again.

5. aru219

aru219 New IL'ite

no i dont have any history of accidents also.it started 3 weks back slowly its becoming difficult for me thru out the day i am busy with 2 kids inlaws and all and nights i am unable to sleep.scared of taking anti depresents also please anybody gone thru such phase help me out.i am sacred of nights now.

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Anu, relax. Don't be scared. Do not take anti-depressants without a prescription. Check with you doctor; when is your next visit? If it is not any time in near future, make an appointment and do visit.

7. aru219

aru219 New IL'ite

yah i am palnning to visit this wknd .yesterday night also it was hell i am so depressed with these sleeping patterns