Umbilical Cord Around Baby

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by sanarthi, Feb 13, 2017.

1. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

My cousin sister has been told that umbilical cord is around the baby 2 times and she is 9 months pregnant now.

Doctors say that normal delivery can happen until the baby dont have any breathing issues.

But elders are concerned about the omen. Is umblical cord surrounding the baby a bad omen?

Please advice ladies.

Regards,
    Sanarthi

2. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

Nothing like that. My elder one had cord around her neck 2 times though Doctor said v can try for normal delivery I opted c section. She doesn't have any problem. So don't worry.

3. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mery. :)

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, The doctors shudnt be taking a very big chance by trying to do normal delivery. I had a baby whose umbilical cord was wrapped 2 times. The doctor told its good to have c section under these conditions becoz while trying to do normal , oxygen supply to brain reduces and there is a chance baby can get the cord tightened while pushing out. N number of things can go wrong.

Your cousin shud insist to have a c section. Its better for both her and baby.

For parihara your cousin shud ask. Good Luck and do post back.

5. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Chocolate. Even if it is a c-section, we are ok for it. But still elders are concerned about the omen. they tell even though we do pariharam, it will be wat it is. Dont understand what they mean

6. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

What s the dosha they r saying going to happen?

7. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi sanarthi many many kids are born with umbilical cord around the neck. My younger one was born that way too. Pls go in for c section to avoid all complications. Though in my case it was a normal delivery I would advise don't take risk. In my case I went in the last minute and the time had crossed for c section. I was scolded by the Dr for coming late to the hospital and that I was totally to be blamed if something happened to.the child. God's grace the baby was safe. And about the bad omen all I can say is it's not true. For your peace you can do pariharam on the 11th day or 22nd day whenever you do the naming ceremony. Though I personally don't believe in all.these just to satisfy my mom my hubby and my brother did not see the baby till the naming ceremony since that was told by the priest. Also they placed a bowl of oil and the babys face was shown in the oil. Many slokas were chanted by the priests and also I vaguely remember something in gold was offered I don't remember exactly. Come to think of it I feel silly for doing all this. But my mom was extremely worried like the people in your house. So we did for her satisfaction. Many kids are born this way. Many don't do pariharams. Not that we all do not face problems. But that has got nothing to do with the umbilical cord tied around. Baby is a blessing. Dont miss the joy because of a superstition. Best wishes for your cousin and your family.

stilldeshi likes this.