U.s Visitor Visa Interview Requirements???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by swarnamary, Aug 7, 2023.

1. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

My mil got an visa interview in a couple of months after a long struggle.This is my very first time applying for her, i am looking for the information i need to provide her with when she go for the interview, its going to be in hyderabad, india.anyone have any idea of how much bank balance we need to show.. as we went for vacation recently we trying to make sure everything is right to the point so we wont have ant kind of trouble, please pass me your suggestions??? or anything else i can get help with, i am not the one who got the interview dates, its one of my friend, and email provided is my husband who dont read any information thoroughly.. he is asking me in return for all the information..

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

A visitor visa is relatively easy . They do not ask too many questions. Only thing she needs to be aware and answer is regarding the purpose of visit - which should clearly be mentioned for visiting only - for a determined period - which as u know is within 6 months at a time. Your MILs interest in India, that she requires to come back , as her place of stay here, with address proof etc if required. We have not faced any query regarding bank balance etc, but they will ensure that you are well settled in USA and have sufficient to manage the expenses. A lot depends on what was mentioned in the application for the visa . Let her keep the destination(ie. your address /phone details etc) It depends purely on the Officer at the consulate. Normally it is hassle free. You need not worry.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    swarnamary likes this.
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for the information.. hope she will do it right.. and we get good officer at the consulate...:thumbup::thumbup:

joylokhi likes this.
  4. umaakumar

umaakumar Gold IL'ite

You need not worry. The minute they have given you a date of interview, they do a background check and have all the details about you.
    They mostly are more concerned that you are not a potential job seeker.
    My husband just got his visa. Though the check list says you need to carry the invitation letter, bank statement for 6 months or 3 years IT returns, they never ask to see it.
    So ask her to reply to the point, and not to volunteer any other info.
    Regards
    Uma

swarnamary and joylokhi like this.
  5. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

If you guys remember can you give me a checklist of things that she need to carry with?????

we paid the fee in 2021 but i guess because of covid they extended the fee to be valid for a more time, any idea on how long??????and incase i lost the receipt where can i get it reprint???? i know its too many questions but since its been a long time, kind of got things misplaced

6. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

thank you for your reply Ms.uma, i thought to reply other day then didnt get a chance..