1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Two Mothers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Two Mothers

Two days after Daughter's wedding, they left for Indonesia, as they are all having businesses,and they took the flight from Delhi.As we were saying them goodbye in Jaipur,my Daughter's MIL, or rather my Samdhan, called my wife aside and they were speaking among themselves and soon wife had tears rolling down their cheeks.

Well i found the whole thing silly.I am not the type to cry, as i had prepared myself, that one day my daughters will be married, and we will be alone.And crying is best left for the movies.I was watching everything in amusement, happy that my daughter is looking so radiant and happy,and going abroad,she had so much to look forward to.First she was going for a day or two to Indonesia,and then straight to Australia for a few weeks of Honeymoon.

Well as the cars sped away, wife came and told me something incredible.She said you must be wondering why i was crying.Well the Samdhan said something,that made me cry.I got alarmed.Two days into marriage, and trouble brewing ! This is not the script i was looking forward to.

Wife said, Samdhan said to me, dont u worry about Radhika( our daughter).I know she dosnt know much cooking,or other domestic works, but dont u worry I will teach her slowly.And dont worry about her. " She is Going from one Mother's House to another mother's House".This is what made me cry, said my wife.I dont know what happened to me, and tears just flowed down my eyes.This Kamal who prides himself on never crying, which is for the sissies, well he cried like nothing.I was so touched by this kind and noble gesture of my Samdhan, that i could not speak for a long long time.There are such good people still existing these days .

She is in town now my Samdhan.They have their bunglow here, and she comes once a year for a few weeks to meet her relatives and friends.Two weeks back she and her husband came to meet us.I called Mom in Mumbai to ask her what to give, and she said since it is Diwali time, give some Dry Fruits and 2 gold guineas.We invited them for lunch,and they came on the condition that we make simple food,nothing elaborate.

They were late,and when they came, they brought a cane basket of goodies.A Black Label bottle,/Dry Fruits,chocolates, and other Indonesian items that my wife is fond of.We were zapped,but they insisted we take it.After lunch,and talks, as they left, we gave them our Basket and guineas, they refused to take,but after a lot of forcing took just the dry fruits,and returned the guineas .They said you have given us a lovely daughter and daughter in law, we don’t want anything else.

God has been very very kind to us.Our daughter is happy, is more than all the fancy cars, and gadjets that he could have given us.Every day I thank him for being kind to this man called Kamal,for reasons best known to him.I cant even recall anything extraordinary that I have done to deserve his grace and blessings.As parents ,what else can we ask but that our daughter is happy, with her husband and inlaws.No amount of Dowry can ensure that, but his blessings,call him by any name.And I don’t even go to temples, nor give to beggars,nor do much charity.

I really feel “ SOMEBODY UP THERE REALLY LIKES ME “Thanks boss.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Mr. Kamal,
    It was nice to know that your daughter went from one mother's house to another. I know how the feel will be as my MIL was another mother to me. I miss her so much as she is no more, but I have never felt out of home whenever I was near her. She taught me everything about our family's culture and rituals. She was a nice lady and she took my father her brother and vice versa too.

Lucky of you and your daughter to have such nice people as your close relative. May God bless you with more such things in your life.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal
    Your post is refreshingly different from what we usually see in these columns! Among the ever warring mils and dils, your daughter and her mil stand out as role models indeed!
    Sri

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi kamalji,

Loved the way your samdhan has conquered all your hearts....really great person..as sri said a tribe apart from what i read and hear .....

nazar nah lage....

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Rajmi,

Glad to know ur experience with yr MIL has been good.I feel God has a big hand in this, as also the effort she and u put in the relationship.I wish u all the best,and wishing ur children get good inlaws as well.Thanks for yr kind comments.Regards.kamal

Sri,

An honour to have u here,and more happy that u are fit and fine after all that u went through.Yes,my samdhan is a great lady, and i wish all the daughters get such wonderful MIL's.Thank you so much Sri.Regards.kamal

Shanti,

With good wishes from all u great persons, nazar kaha lagegi.Thanks for yr kind words and wishes.Regards.kamal

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi kamalji
    Indeed u & ur daughter r very lucky to have so good people for inlaws.
    There r many good people around us. My Inlaws are one of the best smiple,honest & down to earth people.My Father in law never accepted more than a Ruppy as a token of gift from my parents .

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Jaishree,

Glad to know that u have good inlaws.God bless u.Yes there are good people around, though maybe ina minority, but they are there.

Regards.kamal

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

It is nice to read this and I am really moved by your Sambandhan... Hats off to her... If all ladies be like that, then we will not have this MIL/DIL/SIL/FIL issues.....

Your daughter is really blassed... May GOD bless her with a happy, wealthy & healthy married life ..

Like I used to tell... You ar really a lucky man... Nazar na laghe.... (Hope my hindi is ok.. )

9. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi Kamalji,
    Your samdhan can be a rele model to would be mother's in law so that a next generation can truly have two mothers instead of one
    Best wishes to you daughter. May God be with you.
    uma

10. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Kamalji,

Wonderful people always have wonderful things happening to them...like with you...from your other posts I can see that you are a magnet to lure all these good people in your life!! It's wonderful to know that your daughter is blessed with such nice in-laws. I wish everyone has nice people like your samdhan in their lives.

Also, I think some of this is attributed to one's outlook on others (always being surrounded by nice people). You always see others as wonderful when you have that "glass is half full" mentality.

Vib