1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Twenty-something! Really???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Nov 8, 2010.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks for ur comments.

2. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

@ rsk

yes, i got that one too. only the end was a l'le different. :)

i would say its true to some extent, but exagerrated to some extent also.

3. chillout

chillout New IL'ite

found this thread when i was going through some of the older posts here in snippets.

and absolutely loved this!

you sure are a cutie-pie!:)

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi poornioma,

i know this is old hat, but still.....

i quite enjoyed looking younger than i was till well into my mis 30s until one day .... i was all alone at home and the postman refused to let me sign for my fils post. when my fil asked him about this the next day, he said he was not allowed to hand things over to a minor! :hide: another time, at a gym one of the trainers wanted me to pass on a message to "my dad" (my husband) if you please. :drowning:drowning

but times change. it came as a shock to me a few years later when a bhaajiwala in the market addressed me as aunty. i looked all round to check just in case. another time a young yobo in the apt block got into a fight with me and said out of respect for my age ......:rant:rant. it's ages since i heard anything about my age. so i guess there's still hope for you. :):) darling, just enjoy it while the going is good.

a lady surgeon i know who did her frcs in the uk and worked there for a while always had this problem - she was tiny and on top of that a woman in a traditionally male bastion.

5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

You are lucky, Poornima. And your writing style is good.

6. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

chillout, satchi and raji,

thanks for dropping in.:)

7. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Another fun-packed and lovely reading post from you, Poornima! Wish you enjoy being a [​IMG] for a LONG time before attaining the state of 'doctor-amma' [​IMG]

8. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

you know ami.. i have seen you in facebook... your pictures.. and in some pictures you look like... Angelina julie... you dont know how many girls are jealous on you that you are beautifull... even.. i admire you.. that you look soo beautifull... god never gives... girls... beauty with intelligence... soo enjoy it ma....

dont wait for the day.... as it is tomorrow.... and... dont think about the yesterday. as it is dead... just enjoy now dear... all are jealous... on you.. that all i can say darling.....

and... with all suggestions.... i too want to suggest one think.. you past avatar.. in back dress and black bindi.. with that little big bindi.. you look matured.. rather in other you look cute... soo try the bindi dear....

9. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Poorni,

From whatever I have seen you from your pictures, you certainly are growing younger by the day :)

I think the only way for you to look older is to visit some beaty parlour everyday and get a old makeover and silvered hair etc :rotfl

you are a very cool person and love your attitude.

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

riya, thanks for the ego-booster and ur suggestion! :)