1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Twenty-something! Really???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aminroop, Nov 8, 2010.

1. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

doctor paapa! LOL...! no, not yet. but dont u give them such ideas.:biglaugh

about the grey colored dye... must look into that angle. thanks for the idea.:thumbsup

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Poorni,
    I know what you are saying. This is a common thing in the Medical profession I hear. Another person I know was saying the same thing - she looks 'youngish' and the patients and other doctors/hospital staff were not taking her seriously. So, she also is trying to wear "specs" and do other things to look a bit more "experienced doctor" LOL :)

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

I hear you.... :)
    Imagine a lawyer (with master degree) hearing that "compliment". When I go to court ; the clients specifically used to ask for a more "senior lawyer". Judges used to address me "lil vakeel" while ruling
    the case. I hated it; truly.
    Ohhh...b/w I started wearing plain glasses to get the look; and thank god; none of my "collegues" were creative enuf to comment on "pv. secy" :)) Else; i wouldn't even had that camoflouage LOL....

My dear friend also had the same problem. She was truly totally cute and under 5 ft. So imagine the horrors she had to go through :)))))

But as of now; after 5 years; I do wish; I could hear such compliments again. So please enjoy while it lasts...
    -Nitha

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nitha,
    Looks the plain glasses trick is a popular one :thumbsup and ROFL :biglaugh at the pv.secy that Poorni wrote abt! :biglaugh

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi poornima,

That was hilarious!! But going from my personal experience, at twenties one wants to be taken seriously…at thirties you take it as a compliment when people say you do not look your age…and now that I am in my forties it just amuses me …..…
    This happened to me too… I may have been in my thirties then…one guy from our bldg knocked at our door and asked me to go inside and call Mrs K(me) and another time a salesman asked me to go in and call my mother…..with as much dignity as I could muster I assured them that I was indeed Mrs K and the mother of the house.:)

Btw you make one CUTE doctor.:)

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wow...That was a hilarious write-up :biglaugh:biglaugh

Same pinch...People do not consider me seriously when I go out to customer locations (I am in I.T) They expect some one really well built to solve bugs, not me :bonk

But do I get pissed of when people ask me which college I am in?? NO!! :hide: So enjoy the compliments dear :thumbsup

BTW, you look very pretty :)

7. PPrasath

PPrasath Senior IL'ite

Poorni you look very cute.. i wont mind getting an injection from you.. :p

iswaryadevi,
    same pinch
    Whenever i visit customers place it is BIG problem that i am small...
    But i wont try hard in making impression and I make sure my work does the talking..
    Initial meetings will be very funny with most of the client ppl towering over me @ 6 and me at 5 looking like a collage kid.... many a time i will be given a kiddo thats cute look when i start speaking in the meetings.. :( :rant
    But i make sure that they understand Kadugu sirathalum..karam koraiyathu..

I cant forget meeting a lady, she asked me which school i am @ i said i work.... she asked where have u started on.. i said..i am in this field for 6 years.. she was like really? now dont tell me u are married..
    I said yes.. i am..

8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i totally understand and empathise. :) lol.

9. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

'lil' vakeel ! dats truly funny. lol.:rotfl

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your fb.:)