1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Turning Point In Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Nov 20, 2007.

1. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Hey
    I am glad my experience invoked you include motherhood in your list of turning point in life. It's a position every married women yearn. We can do anything, be anything but once we are married, we think like a mother. Our motherly instincts starts when we take care of our husband and his family. It only gets passionate when we have our own walking living cells out of us. What an amazing thing to experience in life!! And we should be PROUD to be a Women, shouldn't we!!!! And also i would like to mention here is, once we start showing up during pregnancy, people start inferring about the sex of the baby! It only irritates me to no end! Whatever the child is, it's created out of two people's love.Who are other's to judge that! I am sorry if have deviated, but not only in the remote places of our rural area, also in the city, people have this prejudiced view. I beg them to stop these kind of things. God save them!!!!!
    And as Veda said, my father's brother died when he was 30 leaving behind his wife and a 5 year old son. He is now doing his engineering. My aunt is not educated, but she had the courage to bring up her son. Education is only a means to lead our life better but not the only means to lead a LIFE! Circumstances can make one rich out of a beggar. It reminds of of a film(dont know the exact name) in tamil, something like the three goddess parvathi, saraswati and lakshmi, challenge each other, to prove who is the best among the threesome.But at the end our beloved Narad concludes by telling,it takes all three to go hand in hand to meet the right end!Nice film and good message.

2. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Padma,
    The movie is 'saraswathy sabadham' -- good lesson it is for people running after only one thing in life ; it is no use without the other. The songs were super duper hit --- 'kalviya selvama veerama' ; 'deivam iruppadhu enge..' and 'raani maharaani...' .

3. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Oh yeah, it is saraswathy sabadam. Now i remember. Yeah nice songs too.
    Thanks kurunji

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice topic, Supriya!

To me, my childhood days were gone, just like that, without any responsibilites and other things, but only after marriage, i saw life the other way round and was shocked to see and wonder, will there be anyone like this in this world!
    To me, marriage is the turning point in my life.

sriniketan

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for sharing your views.
    Dear Malspie,
    According to your view,Education makes a person survive in a any tough time.Thats a good point.
    Dear balamotwani,
    May God bless you and family with all happiness.In my own experince I have seen marriage as a main turning point in many people's life.
    Dear Shanvy and Kamalji,
    Take your time and come in with your thoughts.
    TamildownUnder sir,
    I agree with u "cant have cake and eat it to"..
    Vysan sir,
    Thanks for sharing your personal experience about this topic.Circumstance plays an important role in ones success.I feel the women's marriage(who u mentioned in ur reply) is still the turning point for her success now.

6. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sriniketan.One more vote for marriage.

7. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Dear malspie
    I dint understand whats all about u are trying to explain its education is turning point or husbands death. in your post you had mentioned what happens if your spouse dies i had typed and u are reading how does it sounds to you now. I bet that no women can imagine that way and be prepared for that stage.

I believe in this thread that TURNING POINTS which clearly means about the twists and turns that brought ups or downs in one's life have been discussed and not the DEAD ENDS in once life. Might be you trying to say that one may face such turning points in their life and that time their education will come in help so one shud not give up their studies or career.................. I know swimming since i know swimming i shouldnot expect there should be always flood so that i get a chance to prove my talent.................... if she is going to earn her bread let her do it for her family along with her spouse why should she wait for his spouse death and one cannot seek job showing spouse's death certificate as one of qualification................. ofcourse u are enlightening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but for everything there is an euphimistic way.

even to a stranger who we happen to meet we cannot say "go do studies educate urself what if your husband dies" common yaar................. if you are trying to give chicken soup for the soul clean it cook it properly dress it and give no one could appreciate if a raw chicken with all blood sheds and feathers here and there.

I'm not the gr8 Vivekananda to explain what is education i believe that not all educated are graduates and not all graduates are educated..................... one can use their education or graduation in their turning point not education itself can be a turning point..........................

You had mentioned for people who are not qualified.....spouse die................ qualified means educationally qualified.......... ???????????? it depends upon their mental ability and strength to come out of that............. do you mean to say that women are educated and qualified to meet their husband's death????????????????

let me die as uneducated unqualified non working unearned woman but with sindhoor means poovodu pottodu sumangaliya..................... that is every women's wish.......................

I'm not going to conclude that its my 2 cents......... its again my opinion............. not a critisism........ dont take it offensive .................... no no never its not just my opinion im offending your post reply and i dare to do it.........

is that your wishes for your fellow ilites if not could you please explain what did u actually meant by using YOUR SPOUSE death means whose spouse here???????????

I couldnt find a better way to educate you.............

VS

8. 2011

2011 New IL'ite

hi..
    was reading ur post..cant stop myself admiring it..
    this story was really touching..
    and u hav good writing skill too..keep posting..
    god bless u
    take care

9. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

A very good topic. According to me self contentment plays major role. If you are contented then any ups or down we can treat it equally, with whatever we have we can live happy. Self contentment is the biggest turning point. Its my opinion.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011