TTC please help - PCOS, hypothyroid, insulin resistance

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by danyashree, Apr 1, 2013.

1. danyashree

danyashree Senior IL'ite

Hi frnds,

I have both hypothyroid and PCOS..i also have insulin resistance. I took clomid 50mg for 8 months..from feb 2012 to sep 2012.. but did not conceive. So stopped taking clomid on oct 2012 and was continuing with thyronorm and metformin.... And I got my periods on oct 28th without taking clomid. But after that i did not get my periods for Nov and Dec month.

Then i started exercising like walking, jogging and skipping..
    And i got my periods for jan,feb, march months. My TSH is now 2.44.. my hubby sperm analysis is perfect..

Right now iam taking thyronorm 50 mg tab in morng and metformion xr 500 mg tab once at night.

Also i joined a gym and exercising regularly.
    I am taking clomid 50mg this month.. and its 16th day today.. I have not underwent for follicular study since my Gynae is out of station.. She asked me to have IC on alternate days starting 11th day.. And we had IC on 9th, 11th, 14th, and 15th days..

Usually my cycle is 30 t0 32 days. Previously when I was taking clomid, i ovulated on 16th day..

Initially i was 70 kg while TTC..but now I reduced to 60 kg.. And iam exercising at gym (cardio workouts like treadmil, cycling, cross trainer, stepper and also a little weight lifting)..

I asked my gynae whether i can continue my gym routine while TTC.. and she said it is ok.. but still iam confused :(

Whether the sperm and semen will come out if i workout??

It may be a stupid question.. but sorry i cant ask this anywhere..

Please help

2. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Hi Danya,
    Although not an expert but I do not think it will come out while you work out. Whatever goes in during IC stays in. Although excess of exercise might cause harm. If you are doing exercise in moderate levels then I do not think it should be a problem.. Lets wait for others to pour in their thoughts!

3. danyashree

danyashree Senior IL'ite

@hivid
    thanks for your suggestion.. waiting for others opinion also.. as i do not want to waste this cycle..

4. NoviceHouseWife

NoviceHouseWife New IL'ite

Hi Danyashree,

As per my knowledge GYNs usually don't prescribe Clomid for more than 5 cycles continuously as it may lead to hyper stimulation of the ovary or other complications. Also you mentioned that you took 50mg for all 8 months. Were you monitored by your GYN during those 8 months? Did she perform follicular study and tell you whether you had mature follicles? Did she check/confirm whether you ovulated during those 8 months? Did she ask you to do a blood test to check your progesterone level 10 days after you ovulated?

Usually if you don't ovulate or don't conceive during a cycle due to low progesterone, they will increase the dosage of Clomid for the next cycle. Eg. If you took 50mg this month, then they'll prescribe 100mg for the next month. The max dosage they can go upto is 250mg and if the patient doesn't conceive by then, they usually try a different drug or approach. This is the usual protocol GYNs follow during a Clomid cycle.

I'm not sure why your doctor made you take Clomid continuously for 8 months. Also your thyroid level seems fine.
    You can most certainly continue working out while TTC and it will no way cause any harm. If you know what day you normally ovulate, you can have IC the day before, on the day of ovulation and also the day after ovulation apart from the IC every other day plan to increase your chances to conceive. Also after IC just lay down with your legs propped up for 30 mins. Even if some semen comes out it is fine as only the excess usually seeps out.

Hope you got a clear idea about Clomid cycle. Please do check with your doctor and ask her the above Qs if she hasn't done any of the steps above. All the best and hope you conceive soon!

5. danyashree

danyashree Senior IL'ite

Thank u so much for ur reply..
    I was in india initially.. and took treatment from a waste gynae.. she asked me to take clomid 50mg until i conceive.. then i moved to dubai..

I took clomid for 5 months with any monitoring and dint conceive.. After that i consulted a gynae here.. she did IR test for me and prescribed metformin xr 500mg.. then i was taking clomid for anoither 3 months and did follicular study.. egg size was 23mm and i ovulated on 16th day.. I was asked tro take duphaston 10mg from 20th to 30th day (both mrng and ngt).. but did not conceive..

I stopped taking pills after that and dint get my periods.. later i started exercising.. reduced my weight and gopt periods regularly (32 days).

So my doc thinks that now there s no prob from inside.. so she asked me to give a last try with clomid..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  6. danyashree

danyashree Senior IL'ite

Also this time.. i was asked to take duphaston 10mg from 25th to 30th day (both mrng and ngt)

7. danyashree

danyashree Senior IL'ite

i was asked to take duphaston 10mg from 25th to 30th day (both mrng and ngt) for this cycle..
    can anybody reply..

8. danyashree

danyashree Senior IL'ite

Is taking duphaston 10mg (twice morng and night) from 25th to 31st day is correct??
    My advised me to do so..
    but i need some suggestions here..
    plz reply anyone..

9. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

s danya,
    u can take duphaston 10 mg in ur luteal phase. it will give suport to ur endo lining .
    good luck for ur try with clomid..

-mrithula

10. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Stop taking medicines over...
    Try to consult a physician who is very aged....
    As elders would tell "Baala Saastram - Vritha Vaithyam", try a physician who is very old and experienced....
    Perhaps, they may show the right way in getting conceived too

Lot of BBD Dhanya.. Keep your kuladevatha always in your prayers too..

Nandri
    Malathi