Trying To Defeat Pcos For The 2 Nd Time Soon After Delivery

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramyasubash, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ramyasubash

ramyasubash Bronze IL'ite

HALO LADIES

I WANT TO START THIS THREAD FOR THE LADIES WHO ARE NEARING OR IN 30 S. I BELONG TO THIS CATEGORY, JUST THIS MARCH I DELIVERED, AND WHEN I HAD MY VISIT WITH MY DOCTOR I ASKED HER WHEN TO START TREATMENT FOR SECOND BABY. SHE TOLD ME TO LOSE MY WEIGHT WITHIN 6 MONTHS AND THEN TO TRY NATURALLY FROM 7 - 12 TH MONTH. THEREAFTER TO START TREATMENT. SHE SAID SO AC PCOS DRUGS WILL AFFECT LACTATION.

IS ANYONE THERE LIKE ME?

Agony likes this.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Even I would wish to try for second, but not planning to take up treatments.
    I'm in my 30+. Weight is still on the higher side. Fighting to reduce.. But its not leaving easily. Loosing weight is key with pcos. All the best to you.
    Periods fairly regular for me. How about you?

Agony likes this.
  3. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

People say that women who took treatment to conceive get pregnant with their second child quite quickly n easily ..

Wishing u both lovely ladies baby dust !! Hope u both r blessed with ur second baby soon

4. ramyasubash

hi vasumathy

i always had a fear about second baby in late 30 s, so as soon as i delivered my baby, the 1st question i asked to my doctor is about treatment for second baby. she told me :

1. no exercise till i recover for 6 weeks
    2. reduce your weight in 6 months (before marriage weight- have to reduce 9 kgs)
    3. try without treatment from my 6th month to 12 th month
    4. after a year start treatment

note: told me not to gain weight and when my periods starts and is irregular then to consult. but i will be going to her each month from now.

5. ramyasubash

6. ramyasubash

my tips to you is strictly no sugar and walk, before i got conceive i followed this and lost 8 kgs. and we both can share our tips, my 6 week postpartum will be over in a week and then i will start my exercise and diet . we can share each others and get succeed.

7. ramyasubash

hi agony,

what you said is true in some cases, but i have genetic pcos. i have a year time for my ttc to start but i dont want to take a chance. it took around 3 years for me to have a baby.

8. Vasumathy

My periods was irregular after the first periods.. Which was withing few days after stopping after delivery. I got my periods very frequent, say with 3-5 days gap in those early days.. Used BCP for few cycles to bring my cycle to fairly regular cycle. Then it was 28-35 days.
    Still struggling to reduce the weight. I picked up most weight after delivery (baby and placenta related weight which was lost was back to me in post preg stage) without my knowledge or realization. When i turn back, its hard job to loose all those 10 Kg. I'm doing all household chores and doing little exercise, watching my diet, still... I need to loose 8Kgs. Lets see when i do..

TTC part, left to GOD. If i have something written for the second one, will get it!

Back to you. All the best. Start slow & steady exercise.

Agony likes this.
  9. ramyasubash

hi @Vasumathy

i got my periods in a month after delivery. in few days my postpartum period will be ending, so i need to plan everything. but having a baby in your arms and trying to exercise will be a joke. even i am doing all my household chores alone. vasumathy, just walk n walk, it is the best exercise in my experience, if you have treadmill then it is the best, it will motivate us. you can have metformin with folic acid or multivitamin tablet twice a day. it will reduce abnormalities in baby and is recommended to have from a year before your ttc.we both will start from may 1st, and track our weight and share our ideas. now my weight is 80 kg, n my doctor told me to loss 15 kgs but im planning for 20 kgs, dont know will work or not, will see. i am having 11 months.

so im thinking

1. cut sugar fully
    2. drink lot of water
    3. mild walk for an hour (inside house not in treadmill at least for 2 months)
    4. less rice items n more veg n fruits
    5. have an ultrasound scan to check the cysts
    6. track periods

all the best

10. Vasumathy

All the best Ramya Subash.
    Hope you will achieve the weight loss slowly and steadily. You have time too. Don't rush up in weight loss. Ensure you don't put on more weight.
    Ya, walking is really a good one. But you might need specific exercises to reduce the tummy and thigh areas.

For now, I am just taking calcium and iron pills on & off. Eating vegetables and fruits to balance the diet. Doing light exercises too. Lets see when i hit my dream weight and my dream too!

Agony and ashima10 like this.