Trying to Conceive with PCOS

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by poornimahari, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Piya77

Piya77 New IL'ite

Re: PCOS and solutions

Thanks Vasumathy, i see lot of posts from you.

My question was specifically regarding use of methi. I am really confused. I read a lot about pcos over past few days, that we develop insulin resistance and metformin helps with that to develop sensitivity to it, so that the sugar from our food can be absorbed etc.
    Natural use of soaked methi seeds and consuming that helps with pcos. But I also saw somewhere that it can clash with metformin, and cause low blood sugar. It was also written somewhere that they increase estrogen and that isnt good for conceiving. So am worried what to do. I do want to take the natural path as well and try from all avenues.

I also soak 5 almonds overnight, peel them and have them with milk and my oat cereals.

So basically would like to hear from some of you, regarding methi and almonds if they cause any increase in hormones which arent beneficial to conceiving .

Please help.

Thanks

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Trisha,
    I know many people in IL who have PCOS/PCOD conceived. For some sample AnithaA, prettywomen.... In recent times there are many women with PCOS got conceived. One can treat PCOD/PCOS with good life style & with good food habits. Why do you get this much worried?

Don't stop any medication without doctor's advice. Its not good to proceed your treatments.

Never loose hope. Be positive. With recent medical developments, you can easily win over PCOD!
    Baby dust to you...

3. Piya77

Piya77 New IL'ite

Anyone..please let me know .. :(

4. Vasumathy

Hi Piya,
    I don't know the connection between Methi & estrogen. I am not sure about the connection between Methi & Metformin too! You may find 'PCOS remedy' thread useful on use of Methi for PCOS.

5. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Hi Trishani,

Sorry for replying late. Please dear don't lose heart and interest. Be positive and have faith in God. You know doctor also told me that people with PCOD have conceived so not to worry, and moreover after joining IL, this faith have even become more stronger, because when I read through the articles written by different ladies about their problems and still they have conceived, I find little hope in my heart, and think that oneday even I would also write in this site my own success story. So be happy and don't worry.

Other than Metformin, I am also taking Hyponidd and Mucinac 600, but this medicines have only helped to regulate my periods, not conceiving, so thinking to see the doctor again.

But most importantly, I am taking low carb diet and 30 mins of brisk walking. Never allow your weight to increase. Hope this helps.

6. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Re: I am diagonised with PCOS. Plz help

Dear friends please help me iam much worried.i have my periods once in 30 to with in 35 days.But this time my last period was 30/7/2009 but i got my periods again on 10/8/2009 i.e with in very short period iam much worried please help me.what is to be done??please help me:idea

7. kalpanasunder

kalpanasunder New IL'ite

pcos

HI all,

Iam trying for 2nd baby for last one yr,but my periods was irregular.
    two months back i was diagnosed with pcos dr gave me melmet 500mg
    thrice for 4months.now getting periods regular and even before itself.
    now iam taking twice without consulting dr.and also dr gave me clomid for
    5days only.will i conceive with this medicines?can anyone suggest?

regards
    kalpana

8. Vasumathy

Re: pcos

Hi kalpana,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum...
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

I hope Melmet must hve to be a form of Metformin! I am also taking 500mg Metformin twice a day! Before changing the medication, its good to consult with gynec!

Clomid will help in growing egg better. For PCOS women it will be useful. I have used it for three cycles before few months & now i have taken it. Mostly it will be prescribed for 5 days only. Few women have succeded with clomid & metformin duo! Hope i will bring success to you!

Relax & Enjoy your fertile time.
    All the best to your TTC attempts...

9. kalpanasunder

kalpanasunder New IL'ite

Dear vasumathy

Thankyou for ur valuable suggestions.Actually dr gave me clomid for one month only.i consulted in india now i came back to uae.she told only melmet is enough.only one time she took follicular study for me.that time iam getting periods in 40 to 45 days my ouvation is on 21st day.now iam getting periods regulary within 30days so when i will ovulate same 21st day or someother day?will any one help regarding these?

once again thank u for ur wishes and suggestions vasumathy
    Regards
    kalpana

10. Vasumathy

Hi Kalpana,
    For a normal 28 days cycle, by the end of first two weeks(cd12-cd14), you will have ovulation & after that two weeks will be there before periods which is called as luteal phase.

For a 30 day cycle, fertile duation wuld be around 14-16th day & you can start IC befor few days to cover the fertile days properly.
    You can try OPKs or BBT for better Ovulation date detection!

Baby dust to you!