Trying to Conceive with PCOS

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by poornimahari, Aug 22, 2007.

1. priyapraveendvs

priyapraveendvs Bronze IL'ite

plz tell me

hi all i am having irregualr periods from 2007 may and i got married in 2008 april from that time i used novilion tabs for 21 days in month and will give break for 7 days like that i used up to october. and in november dec, jan 2009 i m in regular with periods and in feb i dint get my periods and in march ,april may i ot them rergular and june i dint get i checked but results are negative and my reports blood and some other tests are normal and thyroid test normal and sugar test normal . so doctor gave me meprote tabs for 5 days do u have idea whts it is? and

whta is pcos? shuld i go for thst test? or pcos and thyroid and blood sugar tests is same?
    how that pcos test will be done for that also i should go and give blood with empty stomach as for thyroid test?

2. PreethiPraveen

PreethiPraveen New IL'ite

Re: I am diagonised with PCOS. Plz help

Dear priavindh,
    I dnot think you should reduce ur wieght futher........Just be careful abt ur diet. that would be enough.
    lots of baby dust.
    cheers

3. AnishaR

AnishaR Senior IL'ite

Re: plz tell me

Dear Priya,

Please relax first. Meprate is a progestogen pill. Please don't worry too much. Iregular periods is very common and one main reason is stress. So please relax.

For more info on the drug read this link Meprate (Marketed Products) - Serum Institute of India

I would recommend you to take a second opinion from another gynecologist. I think I already left you a message in your other thread but nevertheless I would strongly advise you to go to EV.Kalyani nursing home in Mylapore. Dr. Gita Arjun is one of the best and all other doctors in her hospital are also very good.

You can also try Dr.Uma Ram she used to work in EV.Kalyani earlier but now she practices in her own family run hospital called Seethapathi Hospital,Chennai.

Don't worry dear everything will be fine.

Take Care.

My hugs to you,
    Anisha

4. priavindh

priavindh Senior IL'ite

Thanks..! a lot will look up on diet..!

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priavindh,
    Your weight seems to be normal. Thats why your doc didn't talk about weight reduction. Just be cautious in putting on weight. Since your are not over weight, half the battle won with PCOS.
    Continue using Metformin. It will do the rest. Check other hormone balance. All the best...
    Baby dust to you....

6. Piya77

Piya77 New IL'ite

PCOS and solutions

Hi Everyone

I am 32 and married for 3 yrs. We recently started ttc about couple of months back. Since last 3-4 months, my cycles are going haywire like in april it came after 38 days, may 30, june 40 and this month it was 34 days. Before this, it used to be always 30-31 days on time. This month, I had checked my ovulation with tracker, and saw it positive on day 20, but then got periods on day 35. This month when I had my periods I had immense pain in my legs, back and abdomen so I met a gynac to find out any issue. I used to always have some pain on 1st day but it has grown really bad in last 6 months. Gynac did the u/s and sounds like I have pcos. He prescribed me Clomiphene citrate 50mg for days 3-7 and days 8-12 estradiol as he noticed the lining was bit thin as well. Also he prescribed metformin to start off with one tablet first week, 2 tablets for 2nd and 3 for 3rd week and keep at that. He's also called in for a trigger shot on day 12. I had been diagnosed with it, some 6 yrs back when i noticed facial hair. I had been put on metformin and had lost of weight with that. This was in India and I wasnt married.

I was really overwhelmed with all this initially with fears of side effects etc. But then working on being positive now. I used to do yoga regularly daily since last one yr but since last 6 months, it has been bit irregular. So now, I've resumed it wen periods were over. I do brisk walk in evening for atleast 15-30 mts. I eat less rice as possible, prepare fresh chappatis, eat more fruits and veggies and salads in afternoon. As it is, I am not overweight, I just tend to have little bit more fat around my waist and bum.

Also, I've started soaking methi seeds overnigt and drinking that water and chewing the seeds.

Please let me know if this is going to interfere with conceiving ?

Thanks

7. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Re: PCOS and solutions

Hi Piya,

Sorry I dont have any answers to your questions but have a doubt that you might be able to answer.
    You said you were on Metformin sometime back na...when did you stop taking it? As soon as you lost weight or are you still taking it??

8. Piya77

Piya77 New IL'ite

hi ramyav_cse

I was on metformin for more than 6 yrs ago..I dont remember exactly when I stopped it, I think doctor had asked me to take for like 3 months only, and also eat and exercise properly. He hadnt told me about rice etc. which I found now. I just realised at that time that I had drastically reduced my weight without trying!

But after that, I remember I had gone for some project abroad and had put on weight as I used to eat lot of pizza.

Since last 3 yrs, I've been on light to medium yoga and I think that helped reduce/ manage weight very well. Specially pranayama and surya namaskar.

Hope this helps.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Piya77,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum...
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

I think you are in the right track! I too used clomephene & tablet to aid uterus lining for few months. This is the first level of infertility treatments! Hope you will succeed in TTC soon!
    Baby dust to you...

10. trishanigam

trishanigam New IL'ite

hai saswati
    am also having pcod
    i had iui nd failed
    am also taking metformint.
    past 20 days am not taking tablets.dont have intarest.
    am shocked that ppl who have pcod,dont concieve?
    my dr told me nothing nd giving treatment.

and what otr medicines u r taking.other than metformint?

plz reply me

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009