Trying to conceive doc say everything normal apart from a small polyp at uterine open

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sags, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I am 29 yrs old and tttc since 6 months. I am on femara and follicles are very much forming. Yesterday i had a sonahistogram and doc said i have a polyp at uterine entrance. And he said he will do a small surgery next month as they see some follicles this month and not to spoil it. i was asked to take Gonal-f before the sono. But after sona i said we will take injections next month since our insurance will not be paying for it . But y i need injections if my follicle is in good size all the time?

2. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Re: Trying to conceive doc say everything normal apart from a small polyp at uterine

Hi,
    I have had a polyp surgery before a year. The surgery was not painful, except when you are given a pill to dilate your cervix. Not all doctors follow similar procedure.
    Regarding your iui, the doctors prescribe fertility injection to increase the number of eggs in a particular cycle. In a normal cycle you will have a single egg released. So the probability of success increases with more number of eggs. The quality of eggs also improves with fertility injections. However I will be sceptical with more than 3 eggs formed in iui as this increases the chances of multiple births, which isn't safe.

3. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Re: Trying to conceive doc say everything normal apart from a small polyp at uterine

Thanks jaden for your reply. During my last ultra sound on my cd 12 i had 2 eggs in each overy and of good size as well. Now do u think i still need thise injectables. Am very confused.

4. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies please advise

5. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Was the two eggs formed without medication?? In a natural cycle normally many follicles are formed, however just one egg releases.Fertility medications also increase quality of eggs hence given. There are injection too given to release the eggs at a particular time, so that the doctor can perform the IUI procedure.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Gonal-f must have been planned to boost the growing follicles to get good sized and healthy follicle in right time for the ovulation. Since your doc has seen polyp, he must have decided not to disturb the system in this stage. Its better to see the clear signs and start up medications.

7. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Can anyone tell me good success rate of IUI in any part of india? We are trying to conceive naturally but no success...Can anyone please help me out...

8. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

Before IUI there is something called timed intercourse and timed intercourse with injectables.which i am trying bow this is our first month. Shld see how it goes.

1 person likes this.