1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Trust Me - Part 4

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by saarang, Jan 8, 2013.

1. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was a bright morning as Sanjay alighted at the Dehradun station. His house maid person had come to the station. He was expecting his parents and this came as a disappointment. It was about 30 min later that he entered his house. His mom was waiting for him at the door and was very happy to see him. She had sprained her leg and hence was limping. She profusely apologized to Sanjay for not coming to receive him. He was feeling bad for him mom. His father had just entered the hall after having his breakfast. He was happy to see Sanjay. Sanjay touched his parent’s feet as a gesture of respect. He was then asked to go to his room and freshen up and come for breakfast.

Sanjay took nearly an hour to get ready for breakfast. He was expecting the topic to come out from his father very quickly and he was right. Right at the dining table, his father started the topic of him joining the Army. Sanjay was keeping his cool and explained that this was not his interest. But it lead to a huge argument and Sanjay’s mom also couldn’t intervene due to the fear of her husband. Both father and son argued and finally came to a settlement that Sanjay would think about it and then get back to his father and that would be the final decision. His father had agreed.

With an irritated mood, first because his father dint understand his point and second because of the fact that his father couldn’t even wait for the right time to start the topic, he left to his room. He went to his room’s balcony and sat on a chair. He closed his eyes for some time. Just then his mom entered the room.

“Sanjay beta(son), could I talk to you for some time”, asked him mom.

“Sure mom. What is this? Why permission? Tell me ma.”

She pulled a chair and sat next to him.

“Sanju, I know how it is for you. You don’t like the idea of joining Army. But father is hell bent on it. You know na, it’s a family thing. Every generation someone goes to Army. Father just expected that from you. Even Anju feels you should do what you feel and I feel the same too. Its just that I cannot explain it to your father. “

Sanju was silent all the while.

“Can I give you an idea?”

“Yes ma tell me.”

“For now, you quit the Chennai college and continue the same course from an engineering college affiliated to Army college and finish your graduation. They provide some camps and all related to Army. Later you can join Army professionally if you want else, you could choose your career elsewhere as you like. I am not sure how it works beta, but this is just an idea. Talk to your father. He will have options for these. He can talk to someone influential and get you seats in the middle of the year.”

Sanjay dint know what to answer. He dint like the idea but he couldn’t say no to his mom. He said he would think about it and let her know soon. Meanwhile he told him mom that he had come as a vacation here. She asked him to think and decide.

It took Sanjay almost a day to decide. He was fed up with the fights at home for this. He was fed up with the fights between his parents. He decided to take up his mom’s idea. Sure it was painful for him. But at least her idea was reasonable that he had option later. His father wanted him to complete engineering and straight away join Army. But he was ok with trying it out for a year or so and then decide. The best place was the engineering college run by Army personnel where they incorporate some Army things. Students who would want to join Army as well have a professional degree joined this college. He thought that this was the best option.

Later that night Sanjay spoke his father about his idea and his father was happy and agreed. He said he would talk to people and get TC from the Chennai College and make arrangements for him to join the new one.

Sanjay was at peace after a long time. A long battle was finally settled. But still he was not happy to move from Chennai. He lay on his bed thinking about his college and fun he used to have. He thought about his friends. He thought about his grandparents and the life there.

Then he thought about that girl. She had left some effect on him. He was not sure what. She attracted him and he was thinking about her. He was not sure if it was love at first sight. But he loved the feeling. He wanted to talk to her. Just then he remembered that he had asked Nishant about her details.

He called Nishant and after briefing about the happenings and consolations, he asked about the girl.

“Hey did you find out anything about that girl?”

“Hmm. Yes da. I found out.” replied Nishant. “It was so difficult to get the details da especially about a girl. I had to make sure no one found it suspicious. Somehow got her name and phone number.”

“What’s her name?” quizzed Sanjay.

“Akshaya”.

7 people like this.

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Errr...did Nishanth get the right girl's details? Or is Sanjay going to have a love affair with the wrong person? Oooohhh... this is sooo exciting Saarang! Please write the next episode faster :-D

3. revaraj

revaraj Silver IL'ite

Oh oh oh. is he goin to talk to akshaya thinki its suchi????? Hmmmmm ...

4. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

5. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Wow! Now did Sanjay really meant Akshaya?? Are they going to become long distance friends??

6. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,
    I will try to post the next one soon(maybe before this weekend), else i am sorry would post the next ones after Jan 20. I am travelling next week and hence little busy.
    Sorry and thanks for supporting/encouraging me with your comments.

7. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Nice twist... Waiting for the nxt part.. :)