1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

True Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Nov 12, 2010.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

"Don't I look attractive any more dear?" Roja asked her husband. "Why do you suddenly have this doubt"? her husband Deepak replied.
    Roja replied "I had gone shopping with my cousins yesterday as we have wedding of my cousin Gita next week. We purchased sarees and we all went to purchase readymade blouses. They all bought ready made blouses but none suited me. If the hands of the blouse are correct, my body size is very big. If I buy small body size, the hands are very loose. I really dont understand why the readymade blouses are stitched having only super figures in mind. Infact, there are many ladies with small breasts and a bit fat upper hands. All my cousins made fun of me and I became very upset. Similarly when we went to buy sandals, as you know, I have a broad and short leg and no sandal suited me. They said that I have also lost much of my hair and it has become very thin. They all started advising me that I should take care of my beauty. If I dont do so, I will not be attractive to you any more" she told in a very sad and upset voice.
    Deepak came near her. In a pacifying tone he started replying her. "Roja, why do you bother about such things? If readymade blouses dont suit you, you can always get them stitched from a tailor. You can always order sandals from reputed shops. You can always go for a new hair style or articifial hair is there. All these things can be set right. You are a little fat. But you are going for walks in the mornings and you can defeat your so called cousins if they conduct a walking race. Beauty is only an external thing. Think of your children and me. We all love you and we cannot live without you even for one moment. The care you take for each and every one of us, give me my diabetic tablets in time, prepare my diet, separate diet for me and for children. What if your hair has become a little thin? It happens to everyone after they become a little old. But can any one of your cousins solve a CBSE 12th Math problem within minutes like you for their children? They are all depend only upon tuitions. Please dont worry about all such things. we are in our middle age. If we start worrying for such small things, we will start getting BP and depression. We have to take care of our children. Your cousins will realise this when time comes".
    Roja's sadness vanished in a second. She became bright and happy again thanking God for having given her such a loving and understanding husband.

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

good one! esp. for a person like me who has trouble reducing my weight! ;-)

3. ranisuresh

ranisuresh Senior IL'ite

Good one... Inner Beauty is required rather than outside....

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

nice post. When perfect love is there, we cant find fault with each other.

andal

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Dear Tuffyshri, Ranisuresh and Swathi 14, Thank u very much for your comments

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

a good one maalti...keep coming with more such sweet stories :)

7. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite