1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

True happiness, if understood, consists alone in doing good.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 20, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success.~ Louisa May Alcott

Everyone does not get what they want. We have to be happy with what we get. If we can make happy by our deeds its a great thing. God always helps us through someone because He cant come to us directly. We have to understand that it is God who came to help us.

Since my brother in law's daughter in law delivered a baby girl we could not do pooja for ten days. Actually his daughter in law was due during Navratri and that time only we had a birthday to attend in the family and also Seemantham. I did not want to miss these two functions, especially the Seemantham because it was my niece's. It was on the last day of Navratri. Then after that 3 days another pooja was there , I wanted to attend that too. I think the little angel knew that and she came to this world only after the pooja was over. Only today we could start our pooja and light diya. I was thinking today I have to do Sai pooja but I cant buy flowers yesterday itself. But God is great. My friend phoned and told me that she has got flowers from Dadar and to come and take it. I told her I will come today and take it. I have always experienced that God helps me when I need through someone or other.

Success is getting and achieving what you want. Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get. ~ Bernard Meltzer

8 people like this.

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

very true viji madam,god has his own ways to help us in different situation..a very nice post

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sushma for the first and fast fb. Glad you liked the post.

4. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Lovely post vijima and a great thought too which is true!! God helps us in some way or the other for us... So true thoughts!!!!Liked it very much...

1 person likes this.
  5. SujySreeram

SujySreeram Silver IL'ite

Dear viji mam, really good thoughts. I always feel happy reading your posts. Thank you. Take Care.

1 person likes this.
  6. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Glad to see that you are back. :) Yes, indeed, God knows when and where to aid us. We had a poster in our home with the caption "God works in mysterious ways". We may not know how, but help comes when asked for it. :)

7. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima,
    Once again this post shows that you have pure thoughts!
    Thanks for sharing this here...

1 person likes this.
  8. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,

As Vid has told you have pure thoughts in your mind ma ..so God definitely helps you. Even my Mom has faced many such situations and think oh ..will I able to handle the situation all alone? ..but somehow God has always shown a way to her vijima....

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Vidhya dear glad you liked the post. Yes dear God helps us in some way or other, we should have faith in Him.

10. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Nice post vijima :) and I totally agree with you. God is faith and he will help us in some form when we need. Very true.