1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

True Friendship

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subrabidha, Oct 21, 2010.

1. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

Friendship should be like that between milk and water. Sweetness and a white hue are the qualities of milk, which are not found in the same fashion in water. When water comes to milk and asks, “Will you allow me to join you?” Milk readily agrees and gives all its qualities, so much so that one is not able to distinguish milk and water. When milk is heated, it begins to suffer. Unable to bear the sufferings of its friend, water begins to give up its life by becoming vapor... He sought refuge in me and is now giving up its life because of my suffering”- thinking thus, milk also begins to give up its life by foaming. We observe this when we overheat milk. At this stage, if we sprinkle some water, then thinking, “My friend has returned to me”, milk calms down.
    [FONT=&quot]True friendship should be like this. People talk of having friends. Let them compare their friendship to that between milk and water. When one possesses such friendliness, one experiences peace and joy[/FONT]

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Good example. Never thought about it. We should be either pure milk or clean water. Then only the quaity of milk and water will be good.
    How many of us are lucky to be in that position?
    Thanks.

3. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

wow, wat a comparision! even now i didnot get that type of friend! very sad for me!

Hope atleast in future i will get such a friend

4. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

Wow! Milk and Water never dominate each other rather they mingle with each other and that is what friendship denotes. Dominance, subordination, control are elements of friendship in an adulterated form. I have not yet got a true selfless friend. Pray for me to get one.

5. Radhikarao

Radhikarao New IL'ite

Hi beautiful comaprision.

6. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

friends...we all have that friend ... yes God is that friend and who else can help us always. we are not aware of Him. but He is thinking of us constantly.