1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Trekking, Hiking, Water Sports kind of fun stuff outside Chennai, if any?

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by srinivasanmy, May 19, 2010.

1. srinivasanmy

srinivasanmy New IL'ite

Hi,

I am visiting Chennai in June. My children are 14 and 8 yrs old. I am looking for some fun stuff to do outside chennai city. Any suggestions for trekking, any nature hikes etc. I am familiar with most stuff in the city but am looking for stuff closeby--1 day trips to a waterfall, nature park etc.
    Also, anyone familiar with Tarsha water sports. I saw their web page but none of the phone numbers work. I was not sure if the place was still in business.
    I am new to this site but it really nice site.

Thanks

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Srinivasan,

Pretty addictive site isn't it. welcome abroad. i am not sure about the water sports from Tarsha, do put in your review here if you do visit.:coffee.

Adventure sports. i remember reading about trekking camps from the chennai trekking clubs. you could check out tada on the border of andhra/tamilnadu which also has a water fall. but trekking to tada is advised if you are a big group and have more experience. apart from this you could also do nagalpuram hills.

for other adventure sports you could check out yelagiri too. all these are one/two days depending on your interests.

you can check out the nanmangalam forests, with permission ofcourse for birdwatching too this is near medavakkam, and is a reserved forest.

The govt. of t.n has water sports at Raindrop boat house at, mudaliarkuppam (a joint venture) which offer para sliding and water skiing.