Trekking, Hiking, Water Sports kind of fun stuff outside Chennai, if any?

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by srinivasanmy, May 19, 2010.

1. srinivasanmy

srinivasanmy New IL'ite

Hi,

I am visiting Chennai in June. My children are 14 and 8 yrs old. I am looking for some fun stuff to do outside chennai city. Any suggestions for trekking, any nature hikes etc. I am familiar with most stuff in the city but am looking for stuff closeby--1 day trips to a waterfall, nature park etc.
    Also, anyone familiar with Tarsha water sports. I saw their web page but none of the phone numbers work. I was not sure if the place was still in business.
    I am new to this site but it really nice site.

Thanks

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Srinivasan,

Pretty addictive site isn't it. welcome abroad. i am not sure about the water sports from Tarsha, do put in your review here if you do visit.:coffee.

Adventure sports. i remember reading about trekking camps from the chennai trekking clubs. you could check out tada on the border of andhra/tamilnadu which also has a water fall. but trekking to tada is advised if you are a big group and have more experience. apart from this you could also do nagalpuram hills.

for other adventure sports you could check out yelagiri too. all these are one/two days depending on your interests.

you can check out the nanmangalam forests, with permission ofcourse for birdwatching too this is near medavakkam, and is a reserved forest.

The govt. of t.n has water sports at Raindrop boat house at, mudaliarkuppam (a joint venture) which offer para sliding and water skiing.