1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling with a 2 month old baby - Train or Bus is safe?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by kiki923, May 22, 2013.

1. kiki923

kiki923 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am planning to travel with my 2 months old baby.
    Its a 10 hours [1 night] journey.
    Is it safe to travel in an AC coach in train or sleeper bus? Please advice.

Kindly share your experience & what are the precautions to be taken......

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Hi i Delivered my daughter in Cochin and traveled to Chennai when she was 27 days old..
    Touch wood i had no issues..
    i traveled in AC compartment.. less noise and dust.. so was a kind of safe journey..
    If u are breastfeeding her then not an issues, else ensure u carry enough hot water for milk etc.. Keep the baby covered and never leave the child unattended even for a min...

3. skumars25

skumars25 New IL'ite

Best option would be FC (First class coupe coach NO AC).. you have an option to close the door and use it for your own purpose.. given that small kids needs mother feeding, i would say that's the best way.. we had used it to the largest possible extend of FC coach facility but downside to this story is now a days FC coach option is very less in trains

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

i feel going by train is the best,you will have place to lie down and the baby can sleep comfortably.
    Feeding will not be a problem.In a bus lot of disturbance will be there.Take comfortable pillow and sheet so that you can keep yourself warm an so can the baby kept so.

5. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

both are equally good.. but i preferred train when i took my dd to my native (9hrs travel), just because we can walk along the corridor when the baby seems disturbed, secondly attached rest rooms and mainly less noise..
    once i tried by bus sleeper coach it was good but the problems were- the speed the drivers drive the bus, horns and head lights of all the vehicles..
    have a safe travel..

6. archusirur

archusirur Silver IL'ite

Hi kiki923,
    I would recommend going in a train rather than in bus.. I had travelled with my baby wen she was 6 months old n she slep thru the nite in the train.. Take some baby blankets with u if in case the climate gets cold..

7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Kiki
    i would definitely suggest you train.You can walk around with the baby,less discomfort,more space and also you will have more privacy while BFing etc.

8. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Kiki,

It is better to go by AC coach preferably 2nd class in train.

9. kiki923

kiki923 New IL'ite

Thankyou all for the reply.............

Is 2class AC train is it too cold for the baby, can we adjust the temperature?

In sleeper bus , is it safe to lie the baby down[as the neck is not stable].

Kindly reply.

10. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

10 hours in a sleeper bus is a big no no. Train is better. But once I saw a women travelling with her kid many be 2 or 3 months. Whole night she was crying and mother was holding her and walking from one corner to the other. That was scary as well. But morning happily she slept. Depends on kids too. So think and decide.