Travelling while pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simi, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Pls help on Air Travel in 9 th week pregnancy.

Congrats Pinky2! Do you have a lot of vomiting or any other problem right now? If you feel ok then it should be alright for you to travel. Try and minimise your hand luggage and dont lift heavy luggage. Airtravel per se wont cause bleeding so dont worry and have a good trip!

Vanathi.

2. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Hai,

i travelled from india to U.S during 6th week of my pregnancy.i had no problem ..u can take some help from airport staffs or from fellow passengers while checking in ur luggage.try to avoid lifting heavy luggages by yourself.u can ask ur airlines for aisle seat by the front so that u will have extra room for stretching ur legs.drinking a lot of water during air travel will keep u away from getting nauseated and from dehydration.have a safe trip...gud luck !

pavi

3. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

have a safe trip

regards,
    sreelata.s

4. itzdms

itzdms Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I travelled during my 9th week. From my experience... Please remember the imp points.
    1. Get a complete check up done with all vital tests and get the doctor certificate along with weeks of pregnancy. If possible have a xerox copy of the cert also. Please check the airlines site if any other particulars are needed.
    2. Drink a lot of water so that you and baby dont get dehydrated.
    3. If you have vomitting problem, ask your physician about it. You will get enough instructions. I have heard about something called "Travelband" which is to be worn around the wrist to avoid vomitting. Since I dont know much information about this please enquire.
    4. Carry minimum luggage as possible and dont be shy to ask help from anyone to help with your baggage.
    5. Dont be tensed.
    Wish you a safe trip.

5. itzdms

itzdms Bronze IL'ite

Re: Anyone travelled during first trimester

Hey guys,
    I am reposting one of my post here to help you. If situation really demands, take up the airtravel with no tension.

I travelled during my 9th week. From my experience... Please remember the imp points.
    1. Get a complete check up done with all vital tests and get the doctor certificate along with weeks of pregnancy. If possible have a xerox copy of the cert also. Please check the airlines site if any other particulars are needed.
    2. Drink a lot of water so that you and baby dont get dehydrated.
    3. If you have vomitting problem, ask your physician about it. You will get enough instructions. I have heard about something called "Travelband" which is to be worn around the wrist to avoid vomitting. Since I dont know much information about this please enquire.
    4. Carry minimum luggage as possible and dont be shy to ask help from anyone to help with your baggage.
    5. Dont be tensed.
    Wish you a safe trip.

6. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

Re: Anyone travelled during first trimester

hi, if doc said ok, then travelling shouldnt be a problem...i was sailing on a ship with my hubby for the full first trimester and travelled from europe to chennai (18 hrs) without any problem...but it can be very tiring...being strong and confident is very important...eat and drink as often as possible while travelling!
    have a safe journey!

7. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vanathi,

Thanks a lot for ur wishes.

I don't have much vomiting.Now I'm in 8th week,till now I had vomiting couple of times.Yes, I'm trying to minimise my luggage to handle it easily.

Thanks for your information.Nice to have a MD in this forum.Then, Howz Aadhu doing?

Bye,
    Pinky.

8. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pavi,

Thank you for the information.

Nice to know that you had a safe travel.As you mentioned, I think i can get help from the Airport staff. Do they be really friendly, in India? Do I need to ask for the aisle front seat informing that I'm pregnant?

I need to check the Airline website for inf. reg this.I'm travelling in JetAirways.Do u hav any idea abt this airline?Pls. do post if u have any idea or inf.

Thanks.

Bye,
    Pinky.

9. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sree,

Thank you for the wishes.

cheers,
    Pinky.

10. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear dms,

Thanks a lot for your inf and wishes.

I had a check up with the Dr. and I got a certificate that says I'm fit for travel.Need to take a photo copy yet.No idea abt 'Travel band'.Planning to reduce the luggage as much I can.

Sure'll inform you all who replied once I reach US.

Cheers,

Pinky.