1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling in domestic airlines in india

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by krozwindz, Nov 11, 2010.

1. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Hello Everyone

I will be travelling with my one year old DD next week by Jetairways. Do any one of you the answers to the following? Any help is really appreciated.

1) Will I be able to carry NAN3 powder, her boiled water in a flask and wipes and diapers in the check in baggage?
    2) She does not have a seated ticket and only the tax has been charged for her. In that scenario, will she be allowed any cabin baggage allowance? Or is it only my 7kgs that count for her and mine together?
    3) Will I get any allowance for check in baggage for her?
    4) If yes for Q3 then what is the limit for an infant?

Please help me out. I am going to a really cold place and will have to carry tons of warm clothes for her. Thats y worried about the luggage. Also I know i will probably have to feed her once in the flight. But they dont even allow water nowadays. So am very confused. Please help

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Please find my answers inline.

-Lakshmi

3. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Thanks a ton Lakshmi

That was a very detailed reply. I called up the customer care and more or less confirmed what you said. Only that I can carry baby food and boiled water in my cabin luggage. I need the water as that is what she is used to drinking. I havent yet given her unboiled water.

Thanks again.

And in case anyone needs the guidelines - they look like they are -

20 kgs check in and 7 kgs cabin. Extra laptop or handbag and jacket allowed.
    All baby food and milk and water is allowed in cabin luggage, provided u taste the same before the officials if requred and baby is travelling with you.
    And as lakshmi said - no lugagge allowances for infants.
    Finally you can carry a stroller/infant carrier in addtion too.

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Cool.. Have a great journey with your baby :thumbsup

-Lakshmi

5. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi aditi,
    just came here to reply as i recently travelled with my ds recently on jet airways......but iam sure u got all ur doubts cleared..........i can understand u r concern abt water esp after the recent episode of ur dd's sickness........take care of ur little one nd have a happy journey......hoping to c u soon on our wtloss thread........

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  6. krozwindz

krozwindz Silver IL'ite

Just Recently Ridha, when the troubles at personal life seemed too much to hadle, I was thinking that I am that stage when i have almost no friends i can call when i just have to crib. And there you come and encourage me... God bless u... I always checks the thread at Shiva's but just dont post myself ...will surely drop in to say hi though...

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

aditi we did one travel wen we moved frm coimbatore to hyderabad...

1) i carried some diluted juice in sipper, and one bottle of water...i had 1 gerber food packet ready in the handbag, sogave her that....but that time she was 6 months old, and i was breastfeeding her.
    now we plan to travel in march and i wld just be carrying juice n snacks for her.

2) domestic travels are short, so its not that big of an issue.

3)no u arent allowed to carry extra luggage for ur LO,neither cabin nor chk in.

at chkin u can declare 1 or 2 small bottles(her bottle or sipper) of liquid and they will let u carry.

incase of hot water, yes the airhostess will give u,thats not an issue