Travelling from Cochin to Thiruvananthapuram

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by rathiprasad, Oct 27, 2013.

1. rathiprasad

rathiprasad Silver IL'ite

I plan to visit Kerala sometime next year and would like advice on travelling from Cochin to Thiruvananthapuram..
    What is the best mode of transport considering the fact I will be travelling alone for the first time along this route.

2. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

If you want to save time, Best is to take train . Jan Shatabdi train is at 5.25pm in evening and reaches Trivandrum by 8.45pm .

1 person likes this.
  3. rathiprasad

thanks divyar for the info..although the schedule is a bit late..i will have to take an earlier train..

4. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

I second divya. Jan shatabdhi would be best to reach TVPM. You can also look for Netravathi express Lokmanya Tilak- TVPM which will arrive EKM South by 2.30pm and reach TVPM by 7.00.

1 person likes this.
  5. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

Rathiprasad,

If you are traveling alone first time its better to catch a train which reaches TVM before sunset. There are two stations which you can alight Petta and thampanor so please chose between them depends upon your exact destination place. There are few trains which passes ekm between 12.30 and 2.00 which will be the convenient for you.

If you would like travel in bus there are buses between 15-30 mints frequency to tvm but it may take 5.30 6 hours to reach tvm.

1 person likes this.
  6. rathiprasad

Thanks all for the information. Most probably will stick to the 12.30 pm train. Just started doing my groundwork so this info is good.

7. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

You are welcome and you wont be alone in TVM, Trivandrum IL's will be there for you any suggestions.

8. rathiprasad

Thanks for all your suggestions. Finally have decided to take a flight as it is more convenient