travel to india - online ticket or agents??

Discussion in 'Travel' started by nisnair, Nov 18, 2011.

1. nisnair

nisnair New IL'ite

Hi ILites

We are planning to go to India-Kochi after 25 th of december 2011, from Washington DC
    This is our first trip to India,We couldnt plan the trip well in advance because of some other issues .Now that my Dh has got leave unexpectedly we are planning to travel

So what would you suggest ??online booking via -expedia,travelocity etc etc or through an agent to get the tickets cheap ??..Yeah !!I know that the tickets are expensive in this part of year ,That is why we are planning to go after Xmas ,though we can go before that :hide:

What would be the average cost of tickets to India ?? one agent told 1600$ and in travelocity 1460 $$ .other agent told 1999 $ :spin!!!! per person. Is it beacuse the online type has some hidden charges??

Please help ASAP !!

2. some1

some1 New IL'ite

go to airlines website and book the ticket. by this i mean if you are planning to by british airways then book the tickets from british airways website. we are also in the process of booking the tickets for in laws during the same time, its coming around 1400 per person.

3. nisnair

nisnair New IL'ite

We checked that also,OMG .... They are giving the most expensive quote !!!!

Thanks for your reply some1

4. nisnair

nisnair New IL'ite

dear some1
    your inlaws coming TO US rt ? that will be cheaper ..we are planning to go TO INDIA

5. some1

some1 New IL'ite

oh..is it?? i thought coming to US during christmas would be expensive. actually i haven't checked the break up. i just know the total cost is coming to arnd 2800. but still i think you should book it urself instead of going thru a travel agent.

6. nisnair

nisnair New IL'ite

We booked thru an agent ..in my exp the airline website will have the highest cahrge..next is travel websites..and we got cheaper than all of them from our agent..and after we travelled, our 2-3 friends booked from the agent and they all got good deals..

1 person likes this.
  7. janfalton

janfalton New IL'ite

There are lots of websites book air tickets for the trip to India. Some of websites can include some hidden charges on the air fare. Last month I had to book a ticket for my brother to India. At that time I had to concern with lots of online travel agents as well as airline websites but find out all the different results. At that time One of my colleague suggested me two websites of online travel agents named Cheap-O-Air and Flytime Travel. Both these websites booked air tickets in very cheap rates. And I booked round way ticket for India from Cheap-O Air online travel agent.