1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

travel companion

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sirishamanne, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sirishamanne

sirishamanne New IL'ite

hi

Any body travelling by lufthansa , this 13th(dec 13) from India to dallas?
    my mother is coming , I am looking for companion.The root includes 1 stop Frankfurt.

2. apharnashri

apharnashri New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I am pregnant and my mother is planning to come to Scottsdale during april month end/May 1st week. This is her first time travel.
    Just want to know if anyone/your parents are travelling from chennai to Phoenix during the same period. I havent booked the tickets yet.
    Please let me know asap.
    I was looking into Lufthansa and this is the route... All connecting flights belong to Lufthansa

Chennai ------> Frankfurt -----------> Denver -------------> Phoenix
    or
    Chennai --------> Frankfurt --------------> Chicago --------------> PHoenix.

Or if you find any other better route thru other airlines , please let me know.
    I dont want to book in British airways as the transit time between the flights is very less. So there is more chance that the connecting flight from London leaves before the flight fro Chennai reaches London... Also I lost my baggage both the times during the travel and had to give the airport authorities , the required information about my baggage and theydelivered it to my house. Since this is my mom's first international travel, I dont want to put her into any problem.

One more question :
    Lets say if my mom travels thru the Lufthansa from chennai to Phoenix, does she have to check-out the luggage at Denver/Chicago which would be the POE to US.... or she will be checking out only in Phoenix. I dont have much idea about this. Please give more info about this.

Appreciate your response.

Cheers,
    Apharna

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Apharna,
    I dont know any one travelling in that month.

For ur second question :
    yes she has to Collect her checked in baggages in the POE and then after security check, she can check in the baggages again in her last flight.

Since she is changing from internaltional to domestic flight this is the procedure.

Dont worry, now a days its quite customer friendly. Tell her to ask help whereever she wants and not to hesitate at any point of time. even during transit , she can inform the air hostess or ground staff to take her to the next gate of transit, they will do that.