1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tragic End To A Beautiful Love Story

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Hahahahah....
    First person tear-jerkers are usually treated deferentially on the forum, because the forum etiquette demands that.
    Third party or hearsay tear-jerkers should be taken with a lot of spices, not just salt. From what you say here, it seems like you are a social worker who could be used to a lot of inventive tear-jerker narratives. You probably knew that it was fiction that Lavanya ( I presumed it was a made-up name) sold you. We girls can spin an imaginative tale like no one.
    Imagine a scenario (Engineers among us call these "boundary conditions" where variables take on different values when they cross the boundaries of presumptions) where Lavanya that you met was never married, and recast that story. The reason that Manoj never looked for her over the last two years is that there was no Manoj. That could be fun!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I was like you when I joined UN a decade back. Laughing at tear stories of others, and making fun of their foolish decisions later with colleagues.
    I had ready made solutions for almost all their problems, so I didn't know why they were in trouble.
    But education and training on psychology changed me. I was able to stand on other persons shoes to understand that their lens that they used to see the world is very different from ours.
    Besides, I've learnt something called "empathy", which is very different from being "intelligent"

For ex: An Engineer girl died - committed suicide, because her on-line (facebook) lover disappeared abruptly. Possibly he must have deactivated that fake account, or moved out. Clearly it was a cheating case.
    What would you and I do had that happened to us?
    Well, I would ignore him... learn a lesson. Perhaps, you would lodge a complain as cyber crime if anything serious got involved.
    Neither of us would commit suicide, right? Despite of being a software engineer, the girl might have got enough understanding of how to use on-line platforms and social media in the first place. She might have got enough knowledge about the people who possibly could portray a great pic through fake ID and all.
    Yet, this woman chose to end her precious life for this. Why?
    It is because she is not you and me. She is that weakest, fragile woman with so much going on inside for long.
    She died not just because of this incident. But her insecurities and complex were a result of her prolonged disappointments in life.
    So, you can't treat everything based on the face value. There is many more to that...

Just saying......

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

That is the way it is... That is exactly why I recommended:
    [​IMG]

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Heart wrenching a bit good vivid narration reminding the reader a scene of D H Lawrence "Lady Chatterley's Lover".
    I enjoyed reading it.
    Story in the following link comes to mind.
    Amrutha, Anjali & Ayyappan - Could Almighty Plan Their Marital Status?

Thanks & regards.