1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Top 3 reasons for fight between u and ur spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Jaishree123, Sep 19, 2007.

1. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Hi, Frist I would like to thank you for starting this thread ... Nice topic ...

1) Only about MIL ...

Sriniketan M'am, as you said, even my hubby used to ask me to heat the food and When I am ready with my plate in front of me, he comes after the food is cold ...

Devika M'am, you are simply great ... Your words were so meaning and I am impressed on 'writing a note in lunch bag' ... Wow ... that's really a great idea and am going to try it ... what a romantic thing na ... Thanks M'am and thanks to all ... Regards, Suni ... :)

2. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

i give my reasons for fight...(we dont fight usually but little arguments)

1) hours together with his phone(but now changed to a greater extent)
    2) not helping in household chores(very rarely he makes coffee for me)
    3) his disinterest in gold jewellery(but allows me to buy fashion jewelleries and pearl sets).

:hiya

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hee hee good one:) in perfect order here it goes in our family:

1. IN-LAWS (i find it a bit weird though at times, this topic, because we're not living with them!)
    2. his unwillingness to participate in household work... ofcourse i'm a stay-at-home mom but i find household work is never ending. By this I mean no holiday, no week-ends. I have to give a tough fight even to make him keep things in place:( many times i find husbands are difficult to manage than childrenWitsend
    3. can't think of anything... i wanted to add not helping me get things ready when we go out but i think that's covered under house-hold management:)

Latha

4. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

one more thing i would like to add.....why he fights with me.... 3 reasons

1) making big fuss to cook food
    2) careless abt things and very bad memory(he started to remember things better as he cannot depend on me in this regard)
    3) nagging him to be with me(this was high at the time of our marriage but now i changed myself... i used to cry even if he goes to his friend's house.....now i realised and on his part he is with me almost all the time and goes to meet his friends rarely...)

other than these reasons we are great lovers....he used to call me atleast 10 times if i am at home on a holiday.....if he is attending training sessions he used to message me.......very loving dear husband

5. Tulip29

Tulip29 New IL'ite

here is our reason for our fight :
    1)he gets upset or try to avoid talking about his family even for discussion too doesnt want to share anything about his family which makes me go mad (but he is changing slowly) and the reason he gives for that is he is afraid it will end up in fighting
    2)he travels a lot for his work which ends up in fight everyday whenever he is travelling
    3)he is not organized ,he doesnt plan much (but slowly changing too)

hmm thats all i guess :confused2:

~Tulip

6. madhurigupta

madhurigupta New IL'ite

We have several issues to fight on but top 3 will be
    1. His attitude towards food, says he lives to eat, & to top that refuses to do any type of exercise.
    2. NO! word is not in his dictionary
    3. His habit of trying to help others to the extent that he forgets about his losses. I hate his trying to play GOD!

He is a nice man, but i hate his proving to others that he is sooooooooo GOOD.

7. ponnu

ponnu New IL'ite

every wives has the problem of fighting.....

in my case ,for a silly thing he is shouting in high volume,,,,,
    some times i feel very bad.......even if infront of my parents, friends. , nieghbours....:cry:

8. oaktree

oaktree Senior IL'ite

My DH is very mature and sweet person. He doesn't initiates fights with me. Actually, I am the one with the short temper here.

For me the reasons are:
    1. Issues related to my In-laws
    2. he going on business tour n me staying back with in-laws without him, that situation drives me crazy Rant
    3. he always going out of the way to help some of his male cousins . thats a good trait but these ppl take him for granted n if the help involves money then these ppl have no intention of returning it even though they are making good money themselves. i feel we should not help them anymore coz they have become habitual askers. But now I have left this to he learning from his bitter experiences with these ppl.

Warm Regards.

9. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Top three reasons that I fight with my DH are,

1. 24/7, his mind revolve arnd his work.
    2. Very lazy to start a work - even though its more important.He won't do and feel for that saying'I should have done it'. Even for my son's school, still not registered.Witsend
    3. Spending most of his time in front of Computer, esp. checking yukky office mails...bonk.

Life's boring bcoz of such guys.....

10. Falguni

Falguni New IL'ite

HI! Ilites,

I must say that the one thing we don't fight abt is him spending time with his friends. I generally tell him that we shd spend more time with them. He never wants to go anywhere without me. Also, he always has all the time in the world for his family. But, we still fight b'coz I am very short-tempered. The basic few bones of contention between us are:

1. He never finishes the amount of food given to him in the plate, not matter how much less you give him. Also, if he likes something we have to store it in the refrigerator for him, but he will never get round to eating it. So, I started keeping it a couple of days then I would either eat it or give it to the maid. Most of the time he wdn't remember, but sometimes after weeks he will remember (hadn't u kept the pasta for me in the fridge????).

2. He is very lazy and disorganised. Will never do things till the last minute. He keeps saying I have to mend my ways, but never does it.

3. My MIL. I agree with Devika that I cannot expect him to spend less time with her. That's ok, he can spend all the time he wants with her. But, my MIL has taken to picking up fights with me for the smallest of things. (Eg. Just this morning, I put her washed sari in the bucket and asked the maid to put it to dry, she got bugged saying that you always want to interfere with my clothes. I thit I was just trying to help.) We (the maid and I) have strict instructions not to touch any of her things. But, my hubby still expects me to keep doing eerything for her, enquire after her food habits (in spite of him knowing that every time I ask her she will tell me u sort out urs I will sort out mine). So, it really irritates me when he asks me to keep pampering her, knowing that I will never get a straight answer for anything.

So, those are my basic grouches. The maximum we fight is due to my MIL, small things that I get very bugged abt after having them hammered to me everytime.

All suggestions welcome!