1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Too small? Not for me!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sowmi
    Neenga solradhu romba sari! Janaga eppidiyo urupta sarithan!
    Excitement is not a byproduct of positive thinking. In fact, too much positive thinking can rob us of all the feeling of excitement. Excitement comes only if there is an element of uncertainty!
    Sri

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    You put it in a nutshell !

Your quote
    Well when a wife says this to her Husband " NOTHING".....well i guess it means SOMETHING really BIG!
    can be interpreted thus:
    Nothing is the beginning of everything.
    Who will ever be satisfied with something? Eachone's something depends on each one's interpretation.

Your words
    2 adults who are bonded in a way no other relationships in this world are bonded!
    surprise me! - you are a typical Bharathiya Nari, Sudha. I salute you !
    You belong to an almost (now becoming) extinct breed !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Dear Big C,
    I am sure you are cursing the minute, I entered this thread !
    Love,
    The other C.

3. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear cheeniya sir

actual ah unmai...uncertaintity irundha dhaan excitement varum......but aana in the reality, lots of us miss out on tht due to our pre occupied mind all the time thinking abt sumthing....anyways wil take ur words seriously and deftly try to incorporate the excitement factor.....ofcoz i shud say am having lots of excitement in ur thread here,watching the varthai jalam between u and all the C's....:hatsoff:hatsoff

lov
    sowmi

4. Chitvish

Dear Big C,
    sorry, some more prattle:

The sun shines for nothing
    Warms up this earth for nothing
    The trees give fresh air for nothing
    But, we, the human beings
    Never say "enough" with something
    Ultimately asking for everything !

Love
    The other C.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    The Other in your signature reminds me only of Senthil's Vazha pazha joke! Who is the other C? You or me?
    Nothing is the beginning of everything and everything ends as nothing. It is almost like a movie camera on reverse direction!
    The Zen way of conceptualizing Nothing is the most scientific I think. I am not elaborating on that here. Perhaps you may pursue it in your Culture post!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    This reminds me of an Epicurus quote "Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.
    But let me remind you that nothing happens for nothing! You seem to assume the conscience of the Sun to declare that the Sun shines for nothing! As an exponent of Gita , you are only too aware that every action has a bearing on another. If nothing was the source of everything, then the sequence of events are all related to each other. Then how can we say that the Sun shines for nothing or the trees give fresh air for nothing?
    Sri

7. Chitvish

Dear Le C,
    By my words
    The sun shines for nothing
    Warms up this earth for nothing
    I only meant, "expecting nothing in return".
    I did not talk of the action having a bearing on another.
    Love,
    La C.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sri,

Back here. seeing all the Big C's giving me so much enlightenment on the nothing and something and everything i could only say.....

Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt. (william van home.)

On the lighter note...a too small dot of a dna can solve a lot of huge mountain like problems.....:biggrin2:

And the feedbacks have made something out of nothing.:hatsoff....great thread...

P.S.
    Have you read the book "nothing is too small to make a difference"

9. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am always thinking big and at the same time I don't ignore anything as 'too small'. In Tamil we have a saying 'Malaiyai kelli eliyai pidithanam'. That will be the case if one follows 'Nothing is too small'.

In Hindi serials, there was one 'Mungerilal ki Haseen sapne'. I was reminded of that when I read about your Tamil film characterisation. Mungerilal attending a marriage will suddenly start crying since he imagines that the the whole mundap will be burnt down from the flame of the lamp kept close to the mandap.

I am quite sure the U.S would have avoided the 9/11 attacks if they had the policy of 'nothing too small' and accepted FBI's warnings.

Regards,

TDU

10. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    The sun shining and warming up the earth or the tree giving cool air can be examples of selfless giving without expecting anything in return in a poetic sort of way but in hardcore philosophy such examples are not accepted. Expecting anything in return or not is purely an emotional factor and can hence be associated only with such beings which are capable of emotion.

Even about human beings who pride themselves in giving without expecting anything in return, Francois Fenelon, the Archbishop of Cambrai has this beautiful thing to say:

'You have spent all your life in the belief that you are wholly devoted to others, and never self-seeking. Nothing so feeds self-conceit as this sort of internal testimony that one is quite free from self-love and always generously devoted to one's neighbours. But all this devotion that seems to be for others is really for yourself. Your self-love reaches to the point of perpetual self-congratulation that you are free from it; all your sensitiveness is lest you might not be fully satisfied with self; this is at the root of all your scruples. It is the 'I' which makes you so keen and sensitive. You want God as well as man to be always satisfied with you, and you want to be satisfied with yourself in all your dealings with God'

Sri