1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Too small? Not for me!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    That was very profound! That you can see nothing in everything is really the height of spiritual attainment. Incidentally, reading your FB , an old definition of an expert came to my mind. For your benefit, I repeat it here:
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows everything about nothing!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear Mals
    What can I say! If only everyone could have an attitude like yours, what a jolly good place this world will be! Not that it is not jolly now but the killjoys make life difficult for us. You are like a breath of fresh air! God bless you!
    Yes, I am indeed happy to be your co-inhabitant of this planet. May your tribe increase like Abou Ben Adam's!
    Sri

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,

as usual a nice one from you.
    If you think nothing is too small, then people will think, you worry too much!
    If you think nothing at all and take things as it comes, you are labeled--'para brahmam'.
    I think something is better than nothing and I posted this reply.

sriniketan

4. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    You are right that we get branded no matter what our attitude is!
    Para Brahmam is a term used only to refer to such highly evolved souls like Sukhar, son of Vyasar. But in today's parlance, a para brahmam is just a non-entity like the modern heads of families! A classic para brahmam is Lord Emsworth, the immortal creation of PG Wodehouse!
    Sri

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Para brahmam is better than Brahmam !
    Very often, we use that term when we refer to a person sitting like "idicha puli" ( as you fondly referred to !).
    Brahmam is often used, slightly deragatory !
    Now, as a vedanta student, I realise that Brahman is matter & Maya is energy (Shakti).
    Naturally, to activate every Brahman(m), a Maya is necessary !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Cheeniya

I cant agree with you more there! Brahman is real and solid but Maya, as the name implies, is elusive and projects Brahman in various hues and shapes. What we perceive as everything is in the end nothing and it's only Maya that plays all these tricks on us!:biggrin2:
    Sri

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh, Sri,
    Well.......
    In your typical style, you clean bowled me !bonk
    In typical Meenakshi style ( I have already written to you once), I accept your words as last !
    Smartie, you are !:hatsoff
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir

Words fail me now after reading your lines..."What we perceive as everything is in the end nothing and it's only Maya that plays all these tricks on us"...
    Really incredible thatuvam in the palm of your hands. What takes ages for people like me to figure out has been outlined in these few short lines. Its as if when krishna opened his mouth and showed the world to his mother. Thank you so much for writing them. Now if only I can tell my intellect(or lack of it) to understand there is something in the everything and there is something in nothing and there is nothing in everything and everything in nothing :confused2:, I will be fine. I think i should stop for now !!

9. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    How easily you have understood what I was trying to tell people! Here is some more for you.

Nothing, the logicians say, is not a thing, nor is it the name of anything, being merely a short way of saying of anything that it is not something else. "Nothing" means "not-anything"; appearances to the contrary are due merely to the error of supposing that a grammatical subject must necessarily be a name. Asked, however, to prove that nothing is not the name of anything, they fall back on the claim that nothing is the name of anything (since according to them there are no names anyway). Those who can make nothing of such an argument are welcome to the attempt. When logic falls out with itself, honest men come into their own, and it will take more than this to persuade them that there are not better cures for this particular headache than the old and now discredited method of cutting off the patient's head!

I am sure that you would understand this too just as fast!
    Sri

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I always felt that nothing is too big and everything is achievable and at the same time nothing is too small.... Being in finance, when we do the projections for the projects and work on the financials.... A small fractional change in the selling price assumed will have a great impact on the profitability because of the volumes... A small fromula error will will the results wrongly...

We at times in real life neglect the peons in the Govt Offices... But they can get your work completed... So nothing is too small... siru thurumbum pal kutha udhavum.... It all depends on how u visualise the small things and react to it....

At the same time, thinking of great things and not doing anything to achieve it is also not acceptable...

I am partly a day dreamer... Thanks to all the pushings from Shan... I achieve things... Even the smallest things I look with magnifying glass and try to find a reason/logic and how to over come the hurdles....

So, I enjoy myself... being in the thirisangu sorgam....Hahahahahahaha....

I enjoyed reading the post & FB's...... Kept on laughing... hahahahaahahaha...