1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tomorrow , the woman whom I admire a lot, is coming home!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Mithila Mam,

While I read about your SIL, I felt am reading one of those stories of your which have a perfect character.

I really admire your SIL. And you too. Because not everyone takes time to write about one's own SIL and her achievements.

:thumbsup to both of you!

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila amma,

You are so blessed to have a SIL like Lakshmi amma, and she is even more blessed to have you as her manni. I really doubt how many women would turely praise their SILs for their virtures. The thing I admire most in you is that your heart is full of love, you always see people's virtures. I feel blessed just to be knowing you through this forum.

Have a wonderful time with your SIL. My regards to her.

3. ArabianDoll

ArabianDoll Senior IL'ite

hello ma'am;
    Read your post may be 10 times because of your wonderful narration and of your loving SIL.
    I always keep questioning my mom like what did you achieve by always sitting at home and stuck with cooking,cleaning and helping?I tell her like this:see in this world, people who go out and earn also eat and live and people like you, who do home works also eat n live..everybody lives and gets their need satisifed somehow.perfect people and imperfect people is not the matter.why do you want to be so perfect and why do you expect me to be also so perfect??
    Me a recent graduate with job on hand but was not sent for work and stuff due to family tradition and culture so i spend my time here looking after grand ma..small kids,teach cousins and do some basic house chores.But iam a great hippie at heart,want to be enjoying always.Though i do it with full heart once in a while,when my friends call up and say that im spoiling my life,my mood gets low thinking of me wasting time at home in all this stuffs...

amma says that I will be blessed in future for all the help that I do to my grandma and people of our joint family.
    your SIS is an an artistic piece.this post thought me a lesson.will not complain anymore to my mom...lol

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear arabian doll,
    Your fb was such an interesting one.
    Cooking is a great art,my dear.The woman who cooks for the family and serves them good meals every day is the reigning queen of the house.I suggest that you make use of your time at home now and learn proper cooking,not basic chores.Learn to make pickles,sweets,savouries etc.Gain expertise in this field.Learn to cook interesting meals for diabetics,you are young having time ,energy and imagination at your disposal,make use of it.
    I wish you all the best.Please keep in touch and tell me about your progress.
    love
    mithila

5. mithila kannan

My dear Akila,
    Iam Akila,Iam also blessed to have friends like you.This friendship from ilites is the main fctor that is keeping me in good spirits.

Yes,Iam lucky to have good sisters in law.
    love
    mithila

6. mithila kannan

My dear aruna,
    Thank you dear for your kind words.
    love
    mithila

7. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithily,

I am here after a long time. How are you. This thread of yours made me very warm with love and affection. It shows the bond between you and your family. Ofcourse I would love to meet this chweet SIL of yours and her husband. Hope you had a nice time with them after some period. An excellant write up dear. Thanks for that. take care. Pranaams to your DH.

ganges

8. mithila kannan

My dear ganges,
    How are you,dear?
    Iam fine.Sometimes my incessant cough kills me,sometimes I feel ok.
    My SIL came home with her DH,we had a nice time.When a woman bonds well with her in laws,the bonding between her and her DH becomes stronger.In my case I have always pushed my ego aside and gone out of the way to bond with my sisters in law.Well ,at this stage and age in my life,Iam happy and peaceful that my in laws are there for me.
    Iam happy that you liked the post.
    Take care
    love
    mithila

9. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Mythily

Hope your health is completely fine now. I have 4 SiL, and my eldest SiL Lakshmi is similar to your SiL Lakshmi. For any family gathering, she takes the entire mantle and runs the kitchen taking care of all requirements from lunch to milk/horlicks at night to one and all. I used to wonder, where she has so much strength to attend to everything.

The previous generation is blessed. The women never cribbed that they have loads of work nor expected someone to share the chores. There are home makers, but they took care of their duty so well, with all pride and nobody ever dreamt of separation, diverse or incompatibility. Life is full of adjustments and sacrifices for them, but they enjoyed doing them. Mythily, reading about SiL brought tears in my eyes.

Best Rgds
    Shanti

10. mithila kannan

My dear shanti,
    Thanks for the nice fb.
    As I always say,the previous generation ladies had their tasks pescribed to them.They were not multitaskers.Their job was to run ther kitchenfeed the membrs of the family where as today's wman has to be a multitasker.She finds it difficult to do justice to all her roles.
    Today's woman has to exercise a little patience and tolerance and women in general should not belittle one another.
    Your sister in law Lakshmi is a blessed soul.Women like her may not have extra strength but they have will power,their will power alone guides them to do their job well.
    Iam not out of the woods,let us see.
    today
    Iam very depressed,know not why.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010