1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tomorrow , the woman whom I admire a lot, is coming home!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. SumitraRavibabu

SumitraRavibabu Senior IL'ite

Hi Mithila Aunty,

I remember my mother saying all these stories about her mother (ie my grandmother who was a young widow and no more now) who used to travel alone from one place to another during those days to see her daughters and sons carrying all the stuffs that she had made out of her hands and walk from town to our village at any time in night as there was no frequent buses during those days.

Really those ppl were very practical and in villages everyone will be very cooperative. I remember them saying if one in the village is not going to any functions or marriages due to some familial issues, nobody in the village will attend those functions and we see that tendency is missing with the ppl of the same village now.

Even my mother and her SIL were good friends and they both go to restaurants or the places they prefer going to once in a month and share all their feelings of their age.

I guess u would have been a good SIL according to her that is y u r sharing a very good relationship and u were able to understand her. Hats off you mam:hatsoff. keep the good relationship going and convey our wishes to Lakshmi Aunty and her DH on behalf of all ILites. Pls do not forget to share with us how u have made them pleasing during their stay in ur house.

Regards,SumitraRavibabu.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear MK,
    very touching to read about your sil. You are lucky to have such a naathanaar, I envy you. (she too is lucky to have a manni like you, I am sure).
    My mil was fond of her youngest naathanaar very much. she used to say that only her sil knew how to make the perfect coffee for her. That lady's husband was a bully and would never let her visit any of her relatives. She came to our house when my mil passed away and we gave away a precious saree to her in my mil's name, as was customary. She once again visited us after her husband's death. That time also, we got a lovely saree for her, which made her very happy.
    Nowadays, girls marry into a family with the condition that they set up a separate home. Parents are to be blamed for this tendency.
    A mother would be very happy when her son in law does not let her daughter to cook and takes out her to eat outside, but she would say that her son is henpecked if her son does the same.
    Do tell us how you enjoyed Lakshmi's visit.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mithila,
    Glad to know about your SIL , Lakshmi and her skills..which envies me.
    Nice to know about such souls..which helps us to have faith in our thinking that such people still exist in this world. :bowdown to her.
    Waiting for another snippet from you about her visit to your place.

sriniketan

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sumitra,
    Thanks for the fb.Reading about your grandmother reminded me of my mother,she also did a lot for us ,her children.They were divine souls.

Thank you sumitra,once again,will get back to you.
    love
    mithila

5. mithila kannan

My dear varloo,
    Thanks for the lovely fb.
    Iam also particularly fond of my youngest SIL who is also mythili.She is a doctorate in carnatic music but but to me she is the same sil who welcomed me with a lovely ssssssssmile when I entered my mil's house after my marriage.Very simple,unassuming,when I go shopping with her,she would not allow me to carry even my handbag.
    Yes,it is a blessing to have affectionate in laws but that kind of relationship is not handed over to any woman on a golden plate,one has to give a lot,to receive a lot.

Your athai is lucky to have an affectionate sil in your mother.
    love
    mithila

6. mithila kannan

Dear sri,
    Thanks for the fb.
    I had a great time with my sil.She brought paruppu podi,thengai podi,etc for me.She only makes them at home.Her DIL and her DH also came with her.Nice to see her being very friendly with her DIL.
    Will get back to you.
    love
    mithila

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mithila...
    I came in late on your post.. I really hope you had a great time with your SIL and her DH...
    She sounds like a very practical yet smart lady as she realised her goal in life and didn't waste her time pampering herself in her mom's house but learnt the skills of a good home maker... after all education is a learning process whether you go to college or learn at home...
    Its really nice to know about people like her...
    K

8. mithila kannan

My dear K,
    you said it!I did have a nice time with her.Thank you.
    love
    mithila

9. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

very nice thread. may god bless your sis in law

10. mithila kannan

Thank you,dear.
    love
    mithila