1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

toddler's talk

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Huma, May 17, 2007.

1. suradha

suradha New IL'ite

very interesting threads...my daughter's (28 months) words
    Helitoptop ... helocopter
    pomegnenee....pomgrenate
    cocomut...coconut
    she just started going to play school she says pothuma...(like food enough) onnum vendam(no more school):)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. deba19

deba19 New IL'ite

Hi

My DD has turned two and has started talking quite a bit. She had seen a photo of Manmohan Singh in the newspaper and learnt his name.
    Now the other day while travelling she just pointed out and said " Mama see Manmohan Singh". Since we live in UAE it would be strange to see his photo somewhere, still i looked out to see what she was looking at. There was a truck standing next to our car which had a sardarji driver. DD was pointing at him...and indeed he resembled our PM quite a bit.
    That was a very funny moment for us all :rotfl
    we were like yeah yeah...early morning Manmohan Singh has taken to driving a truck...bless him! :)

3. MangaiBalaji

MangaiBalaji New IL'ite

Hallo ,

My daughter is to complete her 2 years next week. she has learnt lot of words in the past few months. Our Mother tongue is Tamil. last week she was playing with my mother when she kept on saying "Makku paati makku paati " (Means" foolish grandma foolish grandma" in tamil ) and we were really wondering as to from where has she picked up this word . We told her not to say so. She did not heed and went on to say this and started crying too. Finally i calmed her and asked her why is she saying so ...... that is when she pointed to my mother's knees and made an action asking her to fold her knees. Thats when i realised that she was actually saying "Madaku Paati Madaku Paati" - which means fold your legs :(

we had a hearty laugh.

cheers
    Pooja

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Very nice reading the toddler talk.
    My little one is 18 and talks quite a bit now.

The moment I say ‘Gajananam’ she would say ‘Bootha’ and then me ‘Ganaathy’ she says ‘seviam’ (for sevitham).
    And she says the full sloka alternatingly.

Then ‘apppppy..thuyou’ (for Happy birthday to you)
    ‘rabbee’ for rabbit ..’monne’ for monkey.. She initially was telling that as mummy.. :)
    ‘kaaam’ for kaaram.. ‘shudhu’ for soodu

And many more cute little words..
    She sings ‘Baba black sheep’ in the same tune as

‘baba baba baba ba
    S sir s sir.. ding dong dell’
    Just cannot stop laughing and wonder at the pace they learn and talk. They indeed keep us amused all the time..

5. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

My DD 2.3 years old learnt ya ya(like yes yes) from another elder friend and she keeps replying ya ya for all the questions asked to her in English..

some times thatz funny..

6. mouni192

mouni192 Senior IL'ite

hi huma..
    nice thread..
    my 18months son says these words

tatur - water
    bichi - biscuit
    chi pichi - swimming pool..

7. deba19

deba19 New IL'ite

The other day I caught my DD (2yrs) having a conversation with the Bhagwans in the pooja room. She was saying Bhagwan look look..I am a good girl, I go to playschool and say i want to go potty(sometimes)...Bhagwan say "Good Job"...
    then she picked up the sankh(shell) and put near her ear to listen to the sound and after that she wanted to make Ganeshji hear the sound of the shell too..was heading to put it near Ganesh idol's ears....

I thought that was a cute and memorable moment....:)

8. geethavinod

geethavinod New IL'ite

Dear ILites,

such a wonderful thread to hear all the toddlers talk,

My son who is 5 years now, was very fond of Tom & Jerry cartoon, and whenever we switch on the tv, he used to tell to put "Pommerry":rotfl for Tom & Jerry, and like some of the toddlers mentioned in this thread even he was using tha for ka, he used to tell thar for car, thatha for kaka (crow) etc.,

now, my daughter who will be 2 yrs next week, for chocos she'll tell thocos and sometimes she'll request me like, "janune thocos tharyo"( we call her janukutty so she will ask, will you give chocos to Janu), sometimes when she sees our mobile she'll ask "janun moble tharyo" :kiss(will you give the mobile to Janu) and for biscuits - bicchutt, and sometimes my mother & cousins will tell her "you are vayadi" means talkative, then she'll say back "neeye bayadi". :)

Warms Regards
    Geetha

9. tsramkumar

tsramkumar New IL'ite

My daughter who is 21 months old says this

She likes Strawberries these days - and she will ask, Mamma - Baadidi (for strawberry)

Tas for Trash

Juju for Juice

Tickle Tickle for (Twinkle Twinkle lil' star)

and whenever she plays with kids cell phone, she will pick up the phone and says 'Ok, Bye, Chee u later'

So funny!!