1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler Potty seats- In-house and Outside

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by SupriyaDinesh, Sep 27, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Mommies,
    It has been a great relief to see DS use the potty with his Diego Potty seat..I have some concerns and would like to know your thoughts

1.Is it a must to clean the toilet seat(toddler) with any special solution..?I clean with water after every use.
    2.WHat to do while going shopping or picnic..Should I carry the seat...?Right now i do not have a foldable one.What otehr options are available?
    3.Is the toilet cover effective to be used in public toilets..?WHich brand is good?

Please share your experience..

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Supriya,

I usually wash with just water every time kids use the seat if at home.

A lot of parents carry the potty seat in a separate bag if going long distance or if they are away for a longer period of time.

Also I am sure now, your little one can stand & pee ( a good idea to introduce now) and you need potty only in case - so you can always keep one in the car.

Also for toddlers, you can use potty seat covers I actually prefer them and carry them with me - Potty Topper® - The disposable toilet potty seat cover! - Sesame Street - Buy It Now! from Potty Training Concepts

Honestly it was easier with my boy but with my little girl, I am slightly worried once she is potty trained - she is a 1 1/2 now.

Hope this helps.

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Rama,
    Yeah..DS pees only by standing..so that wont be a problem..Iam concerned with pooping only..Thanks for the link..