1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler bed or crib ?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ssubhasr, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi

Sahana is going to be 20 months old by 14th March. Already she is sleeping in her own crib always....even for a nap. We want to buy a new crib for her. Am confused as to what to buy whether to buy a crib or a toddler bed as she is going to be 2 years ????!! :bonk

Her sleeping positions are too dangerous as she keeps on rounding inside her crib And I use to leave her inside the crib before we go to bed and she will sleep on her own after 10-15 mins. Once we are sure that she slept we go to sleep. So am scared of buying a toddler bed for her....or will she be ok in a toddler bed ???:bonk

Or shall I buy a new toddler bed for her ? and fix a rail on both sides of the bed so that she wont fall....

Pl advise.....planning to buy ASAP..this weekend.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have seen on the cleaning shows that there is a bed available that is a crib to start and then it has rails or some arrangement to convert it into a bed. Seems a splendid idea. You might shop the furniture stores and/or kids furniture stores and see if you can find. Some kids beds have detachable side rails and that is another option. BTW, your kid is really cute!

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the swift response.....and thank you for the compliment :)

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hey Subha, how are you? Cant' believe Sahana is 20 months old!!! We have the kind of crib that Tiena (tashidelek) is talking about. It's a crib that turns into a toddler bed. Riya is 27 months old now and we still use the crib for her. We'll do the transition when she turns 3, I think.

Raj

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I think it is okay to keep the crib until she is 2 or 2.5, just make sure the board is on the lowest setting so she does not climb out. After that, a toddler bed seems best, you do get rails on either sides.

6. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

My Little girl is 21 months young.She sleeps in playpen kind of crib.one problem there is no mattress in it.
    We thought she will soon join mommy,daddy bed in night.But she keeps on jumping as soon as she is put on bed.I am afraid to make her sit on bed even in daytime.It would help me if someone shares a link or a picture of toddler bed.
    I am a first time mommy and no clue how a good toddler bed looks like.:)
    For how many months my little girl can sleep in toddler bed.
    awaiting response

thanks