1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Today isa day of surprises

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 2, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Today is a day of surprises. Usually when I log in to IL I always go to Snippets forum first then only to other forums. Though I have started Coffee Mornings and How are you thread, now a days I post there later only.

But today first thing I went to Coffee Mornings thread and was so happy to know from Saroj that Sudha is coming to Bombay next week. Immediately I gave a call to Saroj but could not get her. Called Sudha but her line was also busy.

Sometime later my mobile rang and as I was expecting call from Saroj or Sudha , I said" yes tell me , how are you . I thought I was speaking to Saroj, when she said she is not Saroj, I said is it Sudha, I said then it must be Mallika . Then only I came to know it is Veni and I was so happy and surprised as I never expected a call from her. I was wondering from where she got my number. This shows that when we want to talk to someone somehow or other we can find out the number. She told me she got the number from Sudha.

Then later I spoke to Sudha . Last time when she came to Mumbai I could not meet her , so this time I thought I should definitely meet her. She was also telling me that she also wants to meet me and she will definitely meet me this time. Hope everything works well and we are able to meet. I am just waiting for her arrival in Mumbai.

Since I was so happy I wanted to share with you all.

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,

That must have been a pleasant surpriz(s)e.

Did Veni speak? I don't believe that.

She must have told you a Kavithai. :)

Enjoy speaking & meeting Sudha.

Let the happiness keep spreading.

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji Aunty and Nats!

I too want to share the same feeling. Veni spoke to me too. And it was really a surprize. She calls me bubbly but she herself sounds young and bubbly. Felt very very happy.

Also felt sorry that I made her feel sad yesterday by forgetting to include her name in Viji Auntys thread - Amma Pillai paasam. See I don't have the patience to even go to my posts and see the correct thread title and put it here. I don't know if Amma and Payya have seen my fb. Whole of this day I could not log here. Nowadays DH getting angry that I am sitting here. Since yesterday also I logged off quite early and morning too I did not sit, I think he would not mind. This is one thing I am sad about. I cannot argue with him on this. Since he spoils both our moods by his polambals, Sudha too is trying to restrict me saying amma please don't sit for long.

Adhukethaa maadhiri, nowadays your team - Veni, Viji Aunty, Nats, Sandhya, Yams, Raman are posting so many poems, am not able to catch up at all. Then I passify myself saying like this -

Viji Aunty is at home (retired)
    Veni also is a home maker (at home - so at her convenience she can do)
    Nats is a king all by himself (see here, there, everywhere he is always only the King {and not the queen!!!!!!!!!1:biglaugh)
    Sandhya (also at home - I understand DH comes only past 10.00 p.m)
    Yams is like my Harish - so PC always at her disposal and is now enjoying the carefree years of life.
    I dont know about Raman

So me only always have to be conscious that I am not watched. That is why I steal time here and there - sometimes vishukani kaanaraa maadhiri 5.30 a.m. vandhu etti paarpen.
    Sometimes between 8.00 and 8.30 in the morning. Evening 6.00 - 6.20 (my DH returns from office) and night after 10.00 for may be half an hour. Sometimes when Sudha does late night studies then I become the Queen - saying am sitting with her and then chat with you.

As usual paartheylaa how long my fb has gone. Vaaya adakkavey theriyaathu. Indha nerathula 4 fb koduthurukkalaam. But then Viji aunty sandhoshappaduvaale long fb kidachuthu nu?

Bi. am running off.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  4. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

viji aunty.... i will be waiting for your meeting and your posts regarding those.....

Veni is a soft spoken person, i think so, because of her kavithais...... I can feel the excitement of you people.....

Today is special for me also, because i have posted some lengthy kavithais dont know if i have written them correctly.... waiting for all the fb's

Sandhya

5. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Soldier, you guessed it right.... yes being a house wife is a advantage for me.... i get enough time for IL.... except for weekdays and holidays (when kids are with me).....

but you are a champ, you know why, you go to office, cook, do all the chores, but still you read all our kavithai, snippets, all other threads... and give fb's
    :hatsoff

6. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    I can understand the excitement.Your post shows. It is always nice talking to our IL's.
    Enjoy your meet with Sudha.
    Meenakshi

7. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

I guess IL is really getting closer to all members.. It's not just a online forum.. more than that la..

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi viji,

happy for you as i know how excited you must be..enjoy your meet:)

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Viji ma

A call from the poetess!! WOW that must have been something special indeed. It is surely exciting. I remember when we four ILites in Melbourne decided to meet up once in the city. It was exciting as none of us knew how each other looked like and we managed to fix a place to meet and we all met!! That was sooo nice and we all got talking straightaway as though we have known each other for a very very long time. No icebreakers were needed. And of course when women gather around, what more can one expect !! :).

Very happy for your excitement.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  10. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

How nice of you Soldier. What a commitment you have. Really great. That's why you are called bubbly. Thank you. One more thing if my wife is going to read your comments, surely I am going to be thrashed, courtesy Soldier. :)