1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To work or not to work!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by justanothergirl, Nov 2, 2012.

1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Now, don't make such martyrs of them.:) They don't do it only for their family or for the fear of society, they do it also for themselves. Working, climbing up the corporate ladder brings a sense of fulfillment, achievement and satisfaction. Besides, how would he buy that fast car he has been dreaming about since he was a small kid, if he doesn't go to work?

2 people like this.
  2. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

change must come from within. only then will it be reflected in society.

and, yeah. levity is fine, but that credit explanation/theory was a wash.

3. SaleemaRex

SaleemaRex Gold IL'ite

My husband enjoys his work so I don't see him wanting to quit in the near future. If for some reason that happens we would have to downgrade our living standards considerably but other than that I don't have any problem with him being a stay at home dad.

1 person likes this.
  4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

i have quit my moderate paying job to be with DH..my salary was 1/3 rd of my DH's..but now DH feels like going back to India and is aksing me to take up a job so that he can take a break (he wants to take up an alternate career which isnt definitely going to pay great)..though we havent discussed it completely, i too like the idea given that i get a decent paying job atleast for handling house hold expenses..i would definitely support him

1 person likes this.
  5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

thanks ajith!!

but i am not married yet,i said i will treat my man like a king, when i am married.

i have not experinced married life yet, but these are my views when i see it from this end.

but i really do respect men and sympathise with them, i even used to silently feel very bad for my male classmates till last year when college finished.

we girls took time off and pursued our hobbies after college, and did whatever we wanted, but poor boys felt the pressure during final year itself, had to look for jobs or had to prepare for higher studies.

this whole stigma attached to men staying at home, its too much. once they finish their studies they look for jobs and work continuosly until they retire at the age of 60!! whao!! they do deserve the respect.

but abusing wives, where does that come from? i don't think it should happen even happen if the wife is treating them like a doormat. it is not at all acceptable.

needless to say i am going to treat my man like a king, and i am going to be his maid, so long as i get the respect that i deserve.

6. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

monita

lol that is also true!!!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Oh steve...you cant delete ur post...not before I even have a chance to read it.....:rant:rant

1 person likes this.
  8. justanothergirl

Glad we agree on that one. Yes its not fair. And just as we need to raise our little girls to think that there is nothing they cannot do if they put their minds to it...we also need to teach little boys that there is nothing 'un-manly' about taking time off from career to stay at home and raise their kids...if they can afford it.
    I agree .Inequalities where ever they exist need to go. Regardless of who earns and who stays home I strongly feel that parents are children s responsibility.
    Agreed... Enjoyed the reponses myself.....oops that 3 agrees in a row...OMG...
    Something is not right !:rotfl:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  9. justanothergirl

Am happy for you Sushma and ur DH for taking the plunge and pursuing a completely diff path...!Best wishes !

10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Can you clarify?
    Are you saying the wife can be abusive? (becos treating someome like a doormat is indeed abusive)