to ward off evil eye - KANN DRISHTI/ EVIL THOUGHT WAVES

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by riyagan, Apr 27, 2012.

1. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

Hi
    i came across havin Lord Narasimha portrait and worship in the house to prevent evil eye. i have few doubts on this. is it ok if i keep it just opposite to our entrance door which happens to be livin room? many websites says that i can keep it in the entrance itself instead of puja room. is it ok if i place the portrait on the livin room wall which will be just opposite to entrance and whenver ppl enter house they got to face the lord first. i prefer that place only. or should it be kept only at the puja room??

kindly advise ladies..

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Good thread. Thanks Riyagan for starting it

Even I wanted to ask, but for Hanuman picture - whether on the door, or above the door outer side or on wall facing us when we enter

I know some peopl keep "drishti Ganapathy" (i.e Ganeshji with 3rd eye) pic above main door

Also some people would keep some kind of black doll (small) hanging upside down

I also have a small evil eye amulet from Turkey, but its not big and may not be that visible on wall

3. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

yea ssm,

kann drishti ganapathy picture ive seen in many houses but only out side the entrance and even fixed in the compound wall. but ive seen Lord Hanuman and Narasimha just above the entrance(nela padi)and may be in the puja room... havnt seen anywhere else like living room... ive heard that there are strict rules and being "clean" is very important for these deities .. at the same times many astrologers suggest keeping these deities in such a way that outside ppl cud see when they enter our home. let see what the ladies hav to say..

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sisters,

As far as my knowledge goes, any Lord Ganesh ji's Photo can be placed on the wall as your enter, (visible to people entering the main door) is sufficient to ward of evil eyes or any ill effects because he is the Lord of Vignakartha (விக்னகர்தா) Bow

Alternatively it can be a attractive piece of mirror which will have its own image for the pople who see with an evil eye and drive away the ill effects reflecting their own image to them. Other Deities can be in your Pooja mandhir.

I have been following this, always have Pillyarpatti Ganeshji, these days I keep a Navagraha Ganesha ji (with all grains and cereals) at the place mentioned.

3 people like this.
  5. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Saishakti

thanks for the reply. What is Pillyarpatti Ganeshji ? is it made of stone.?

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear SSM sister,

Amongst the famous Lord Ganesh ji temples of South India, Lord Karpaga Vinayagar of Pillaiyar Patti near Karaikudi, Malakottai Uchi Pillaiyar in Tiruchirappalli, Manakula Vinayagar are all famous temples like Siddhi Vinayak in Mumbai.Lord Karpaga Vinayaka (kalpaka Vruksh) photos attached ganesa temple.jpg Ganesa origi.jpg

Ganesa gold.jpg More about the temple: Pillayarpatti Karpaga Vinayagar Temple Welcomes ::

Kalapakavrush I guess you know, Hence I always keep this photo at the entrance. May Baba bless you and fulfill your wishes...

3 people like this.
  7. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks I didnt know/realise keeping mirror near main door can help this purpose

In magazines etc I have always seen lot of hi fi homes and even celebrities houses having this mirror

afterall its ancient wisdom only :)