1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Talk About Age to Ladies! What An Audacity! Another Controversy!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jan 2, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Not only you Seena, but I am also....

Dear Seena,

Happy new year and Id Mubarak to you and yours.

Not only you Seena, but I am also younger than Aish. You see Aish has crossed thirty while the whole IL knows that I am just 28. So Aish is my Akka.

The one point you have mentioned is very pertinent. Make-up is the personal choice of the concerned. But when we discuss those intimate topics with matured people, what we do is comment about that choice among ourselves, so that when we get on to a similar situation, we will take all these factors into account before exercising our choice.

Now you have also talked mind-ageing. Wait till next tuesday/wednesday. That is going to be hotter still.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

No need for make-up, Kamla!

Dear Kamla,

For you there is no need to go for a make-up. Even your un-made-up face looks good and beautiful. Believe me, Kamla, this is no joke but the truth.

Yes there are always the two schools in every field - the accepting school and the resisting one. In ageing the accepting school lets itself age gracefully while the resisting one, goes out of the way to prevent, to delay and if possible to dump the ageing process. Well we are not condeming one or the other. But we are discussing the pros and cons of both, so that ILites, when it comes to choosing between these school can make an intelligent choice.

But as many people have expressed (of the lot I liked Ambika's expression "moderation is the mantra") some minimum dressing up, a little make-up cannot be called as resistance to age. But botox treatments, face-lifting etc sure are violent resistance to age and they leave ugly scars on the mind.

But Kamla, I still think of the ILite who sent me her picture. She looked very good and I would prefer my wife to age like that. That ILite had not resisted her age and had not wanted to appear like a college girl while in her fifties. But at the same time had not spared any pain to look beautiful and graceful.

Another person I admire in this category is the actress acting as Ananyas mother in Ek Ladji Anjane se serial. She looks like a grand mother of a child, no doubt. But looks very beautiful as well.

I am sorry, Kamla, I missed out your post while replying furiously all others.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I persist...

Dear Sridhar,

I know the gentleman in you likes only the ladylike behaviour from women and tolerates the man with manners and etiquette. But the world swings differently. It is not gentle to everyone all the time.
    To age gracefully and show off the wrinkles,folds and the gray hair maybe wise and how the nature meant it to be. Folk like us may not even think twice about aging this way.
    But those who have spent their life in limelight may have different challanges and expectations to face. Some people are looked up for their beauty, physical beauty..esp film actors and models. They do become vain and also panic when their looks show the signs of aging! For those, it becomes imperative to seek cosmetic corrections, be it botox, surgery or implantations of hair etc to be desirable and more importantly, to sustain in their field of work. I can somewhat empathise with their fears because I can understand their angst about losing their careers and the financial impact on their lives which by now may be used to a very extravagant styles. For those, for the Sridevis and SalmanKhans of this world, it does become a blessing to augment their looks by artificial means.
    I do understand the danger of overdoing it which may result in hazardous health problems. It is a vicious circle indeed. But, if they like their life so much that they are willing to subject their nose to cosmetic surgery, then, I hope they have the wisdom to put a stop to it at the right moment!
    Having said that, let me add that in Hollywood, it has become an addiction to get plastic surgery done...and some faces, if you can call them that, cannot even move or smile!
    Oh, the much quoted Sophia Loren has been well "plasticised", have no doubt:))
    All the same, I do not wish to pass judgement on them.

L, Kamla

4. varalotti

But there are other ways, Kamla!

Dear Kamla,

It is true that I, not as a gentleman which I am not, but as a normal human being, which very much I am, love to see ladies with grace and men with dignity.

Yes, the problems for Sridevis and Salmankans are quite different. I have never condemned them but rather pity them for they are forced to resist their age. And unwittingly they are tying their selfworth to their physical appearance at a particular point of their life.

At the same time, Kamla, I dont want these pathetic Khans and Devis to set the standard for the other people; the Khans/devis lot can play their roles in their films but should not become role models for other people. That was the reason I had to make a dig at therm while talking about resistance to ageing.

Dev Anand and Rajesh Khanna, in spite of their innumerable face lifts were not that popular in their later years. Whereas Amitab Bhachan who boldy wears a grey beard is still the heartthrob of many people. Of course he also would have indulged in some cosmetic efforts. But at 60 plus he did not aspire to look like a college student or act that role.

While I too join with you in not judging the plasiticised models and stars, I just want to make it sure that the young ones in this forum take them as role models.
    Thanks Kamla for adding "josh" to this ageing thread.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Mental Ageing Has Come! I mean the thread!

Most Gracious ILites,

Just finished posting a mental ageing thread. This thought process was actually initiated by you, by your beautiful responses.

Now all of you be good gals, go to the thread, read it calmly and post your views. Needless to say your views will enrich my thinking on this vital aspect.

Varalotti

6. varalotti

Is that true ladies?

Most Gracious ILites,
    I have a childhood friend with whom I talk every day on virtually everything under the sun.
    I have talked to him about IL, about how sweet and how matured you ladies are, how well you respond to life's lessons.
    Last week I told him that I am posting a thread on ageing. "Sridhar, you will be overwhelmed by responses." And it became true.
    I told him that I am ringing warning bells this time on mental ageing.
    "Warning bells, on mental ageing? welll..... If I tell about your IL friends you will be offended. But I cant help saying that. I predict many women will keep away from your distressing post. The number of views will be just about a fourth of what you had for the ageing thread."
    I was furious. But controlled myself and asked him red-faced.
    "What makes you say so?"
    "You see physical ageing, cosmetics is lot of fine humour and that's an area you cant do much. But in the area of mental ageing and the kind of matters you discuss there, people might feel a vague sense of guilt and will be uncomfortable to discuss these matters."
    I could have challenged him. But I thought I would better see whether his predictions come true this time.
    I now ask an honest, an innocent question, my dear friends. "Is that true?"
    I would love to hear you shout in chorus, "No. It is not." I would love even more to receive an honest answer from you.
    Please post your answers in the mental ageing thread.
    regards,
    varalotti

7. varalotti

Happy Pongal and Happy Kaanum Pongal!

Most Gracious ILites,
    This Sat's thread is some thing for relaxation and celebrate pongal with joy and happiness.
    Shed all the heaviness that came into you with my mental ageing thread.
    Lighten up, Brighten Up and Fresh'n up.

இனிய பொங்கல் நல் வாழ்த்துக்கள்
    என்றும் அன்புடன்
    வரலொட்டி