1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To improve child's complexion

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by geethavinod, Jun 5, 2010.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

@Pavithra55

shall I use turmeric powder? Having kasthuri manjal.

I was applied paitha maavu mix, olive oil and bad am oil before bath since I didn't see the difference I stopped to apply

H9w long will take to see the result. I was used from day 1 of birth till 8 months.

2. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

@pavithra55

after 18 months i stopped to apply paitha maavu and manjal since i didnt see the changes...

was applied almond oil for moisturizer and olive oil before bath....

3. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@buvivishal I remember seeing another similar thread from you about making your kids skin fairer. Why this much obsession with fairness? Why cant you just accept how she is?
    If you're so much concerned then believe me your kid will develop a complex based on your reactions. That might not go very well in the long run. Just be happy the way your baby is and please don't try different methods just to make her fair. All that you need is healthy happy kids that's all. It doesn't matter if she/he is dark or light.

3 people like this.
  4. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

my sibling is fair and i am dark and not once in my whole life has my mom mentioned it or made me feel inferior about it. If someone else did say something and i told her about it. She told me they were ignorant people and i should not pay any heed to them, instead be the best i can. i love and respect my mom for this.

1 person likes this.
  5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Buvi,
    kids complexion will improve as they grow. It doesn't happen miraculously . You need to give lot of fruits and veggies for a glowing complexion...(whether is light toned or dark toned).. That is what makes the difference. And girl babies do glow after they attain maturity due to the hormones.
    you can't change the gene of the color by applying anything externally. Instead you are damaging the baby skin. Plz stop it..

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

@chitravivek

Yeah as you said I was worried when she born. .. After sometime I didn't think about that and even stopped all the things. .. After reading a new post just asking the tips of others. ...

She is just like her dad

7. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Please stop feeling this, it will affect the child too These things are not in anybody's control.