1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To hell with physical fitness!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Oh well, even though I am a Nutritionist, i do profess that I belong to your club!!. I am not the kind who will get up at 4.00 in the morning and walk for 2hours or something. So i did have a good laugh reading your article and i totally agree with you.

Yes i do enjoy all the that i eat, and yes i do love working out. ( means walking, especially when i have this really beautiful walking trail behind my house going along the base of the foothills, really beautiful .and i do find that walking gives me a sense of peace).
    Not for me all those strict diets, where one says don't eat this or don't eat that. My policy is always eat, drink and be merry :yes:

And ofcourse, latest studies have shown that Red wine is good for you heart, beer is good for the kidneys and on the same count I think whisky should be beneficial in some way too. Hey may be i can do a Phd thesis on this:mrgreen:

I would rather live to 60 and enjoy life fullest, than live to 100 having to give up a lot of stuff!

Vandhana

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

:))
    Yes, good you changed your mind and let us into this fitness freaky talk!

You must have been in high spirits when you wrote it:wink::wink: It had the aura of a reckless spirit alright, Ahmed must have been one happy man!

I think the stance and pose of Vishwamitra has now been forever altered:) All the same, let us hope that he will be able to stand for a minimum of a century!!....And then you will be approached by Glennfidich and Co for endorsements and a lot more excitement to come....etc etc.

Hey, by the way, I better collect your autograph with a photograph...:)))))))))))))))))

L, Kamla

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sathya
    Even the talk of spirits make you break into poetry! Such is the effect of God's own drink! That hammock reminds me of Omar khayyam,
    A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
    A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread--and Thou
    Beside me singing in the Wilderness--
    Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    Dont act as if it was such a difficult choice to make that you had to knock your head against the wall and pull your hairs down! And the manner in which you have rushed into our lazy gang just shows you had made your decision even before your head touched the wall!
    And I havent seen anyone knocking her head against the wall with ice cream cones in both hands!
    welcome aboard!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear Vandhana
    Why sixty? I guarantee a minimum of 64 years! The undersigned is a standing example of that!
    I am really keen to promote your research on the good effect of liquor on humans. I already know its effect on monkeys! Have you ever seen a drunk monkey? A lovable sight!
    Seriouly, you seem to be a judicious combination of liberal and conservative views of good living. You are blessed to have a picturesque jogging track which beckons you anytime of the day. *Sigh* Chennai!!!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    I would prefer King Fisher to Glenfiddich for endorsements. It would be great fun to rub shoulders with the redoubtable epicurean , Vijay Mallya! He is my hero!
    I have already practised Viswa's pose for nearly a year. I can now confidently pose before Ravi Varma for a painting of Viswamithra! (who will be Menaka?:wink: )
    sri

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Ada kadavule!!

Rathiriyellam Ramayanam padithu Ramarukku Seethai enna vuravu endraram....

The Glennfidich...okay, let's make it King Fisher of course..idhil enna prachinay??:wink:

You must be lucky, the bottles are shaped beautifully, need not talk about the soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L, Kamla:mrgreen:

8. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    Glad to note that I am not alone here. I can never give up on eating what I like, for if I do I take these guilt trips and end up eating more than my share. For me going to gym is very relaxing, and I never force myself to do it just to live 100 years. Well life is living to its fullest and you have proven it with a very subtle humour. Absolutely hilarious. As for dieting, fitnesss regime, there is research being done everyday and don't know what to believe.
    Love and regards,

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

My vote is for Susmita Sen as Menaka!!:wink:

Vandhan

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    I have a friend in a gorgeous looking, fabulous "Menakai" who insists on only a 60+ ! Not only that, she insists that a great sense of humour is the only pre requisite ! You seem to fit the bill !
    You have banned PM - how do I send you her statistics, first ?
    Then on approval from you, she is ready to "dance to your tunes" !:tongue
    Sounds interesting ??
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007