1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To have a second child or not...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by mythili, Jun 11, 2007.

1. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

no matter what the whole world says you will always do what you like...

IF MY FIRST CHILD WAS BOY I WONT PLAN SECOND ONE.................

....GUDLUK and what ever u choose u will be happy.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Surprising to know people still have such a mind set..........

(Sorry for the post not being relevant to this thread. No more cross posting! :bonk )

3. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

Hi mythilli
    U alone can decide whether u want to go for a second one or not
    I do not know the cons of having or not having a second child
    but I can tell u its really worth it
    Forget abt wht they will be when they grow up thats not in our hands whether they will stay together or far apart but during growing yrs they will definitely have each others company

U can reflect ur brother is apart now but during growing yrs do u remebr the fun times u both had together think abt them

I have seen in my case when my elder was our only child he always wanted company he was always willing to go anyplace where they were kids when we had our second one he stayed put. they both play together fight together share together yes we do have to put double eoffort when we have more kids but its worth it irrespective of whether they r boys or girls

4. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

May look funny.........

Hi i may look funny but ive been thinking about this for a long time and finally decided to post it here. I also know that this has to be decided between me and my hubby only .I have a 2 yr old kid and now my question is whether to have another one or not.

I feel that in todays lifestyle only one child is enough becoz we can give them more attention financially and in other aspects also. But my relatives and some other friends tell me that having two would be ideal. Iam totally confused becoz i have my own reasons for having only one and people who tell me to have another one says that if there is only one the kid may be a spoilt one,arrogance will crop up and the kid may not have the habit of understanding and sharing etc...

So now iam just asking you friends for your suggestions about the pros and cons of having one kid or two kids...I dont know as to where to post this so i have posted it here and if this is not the place for posting my question then im sorry for that.

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Mickeymini,

Your question isn't funny at all:) we all stand at this point once or more. this issue has been discussed before and so i'm merging your thread. hope you find appropriate solution.

Latha

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite