1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To forgive is a passion with me!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Jul 21, 2008.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chitra,

Just reading your title reminded me of the song, FORGIVING YOU IS EASY BUT FORGETTING SEEMS TO TAKE THE LONGEST TIME. This is a very old time song that I used to listen during my college days, but every time/any time I hear the word, "FORGIVE or FORGET", I'm reminded of this one immediately.

Yes, I do agree when you say, it's better to forgive than carry the seeds of revenge, which in turn will grow into a giant and killl us inside out. But, to forget, is something I find very difficult. sometimes, I do feel it's better not to forget so that would caution us when we come across such same situations / same people / difficult times.

these days, where the word, morale is fast diminishing, I feel it's important to be cautious in every aspect of our life.

Again, I don't know if we can forgive and not forget - these two seems to go hand in hand. sometimes, we do forgive people when we find they didn't really mean to be bad but forgetting seems to be time bound. For, to push such incidents to the back of our mind and to expel it from our memory does take a bit of time.

But then, you do seem to have an answer for my problem at the end.

I just loved reading your finishing quote. Beautiful post, Chitra, as usual.

Tightest hugs and kisses.
    Meena