1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

to do list before i turn 30

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swtsvn, Jan 12, 2008.

1. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

here are the things I would like to complete or i would like to do before i turn 30. Still got 7 more years to go.

1)learn a musical instrument. options are keyboard, guitar, violin
    2)finish reading 300 books (now completed 14 books only)
    3)learn ice skating
    4)learn swimming, yes, embarrassingly I dont know how to swim until now. Hopping to learn along with my son, who is now just one month old
    5)learn a foreign language probably hindi

i think everyone will have a list like this. what is it gals. come out and share with us

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good luck with your list.
    Unfortunately I have turned 30 couple of years back.

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

hmm good idea.

I did have list for "until 30"
    And let me recall and pen it down

- Have terrific job and position - done and going strong

- Get most eligible guy to marry. But dont get married until you absolutely feel the need. -- I did wait on this one..

- dont have kids until 30 -- managed to do it .. :queen

- Have best equation with In-laws - I do have one.. Touchwood!

- Get MBA from ivy-league.. - Worked on this one..but somehow luck had it other way. Twice I had to wait for mom's health despite of gettign admission to ivy-league college. So this one has slipped. But I have it covered for "until 40 " list.

- Get socially involved in real charity - Followed this one too.

- Keep in touch with old teachers- I am maintaining this one too

- have couple of foreign trip all by myself , on my own -- did this one too

- Dont fall in love .. - not sure about this one. I think I managed to not fall in love. But for some reason did have many proposals lying around. Initially enjoyed rejecting , later got fed up of colleagues , friends invariably falling down with ring.. Lost couple of good friends in this process.

- Be good person.. - I guess I am maintaining this one more than anything. And this wil be there in my all lists..

Now i need to mention, I crossed 30 last year. and I am happier than ever about it. I have however shortened my time span for major rocks..
    Next I will have is by 35 list

- Be senior manager in hi profile postition.

- Have one(preferably two, if god willing) kid and raise him/her good.

- Have a property under my name, my money and just for me.

- complete writing one book.

- complete Gmat with excellent score.

- Make a physical fitness as natural activity as breathing.

I will think of more.. for now only these ones rush through my mind..
    Ria

4. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

swtsvn & Ria...Who are you my dears?? These are from my list! I swear to god..if you look into my to-do list..almost look like mine!!

Swtsvn - your list:::

1)learn a musical instrument. - Yes Guitar in my case
    2)finish reading 300 books - I read some..but I want to read more
    3)learn ice skating - I have joined classes
    4)learn swimming - joined classes for that too along with my 2 year old
    5)learn a foreign language - Spanish, French & Kannada (working on it for past six years for my in-laws) in my case

I have many more common with ria's list too. But before I start with her list..let me tell you..that I am 31! So..anything from now is my list till I reach 35!!

-Get MBA from ivy-league.. - Working along with my darling husband on this one..

- Get socially involved in real charity & Volunteering - Yet to start

- Keep in touch with old teachers- What old teachers!! my goal to keep in touch with all the friends and relatives is a big deal for me. Teachers..they must have forgotten me and shamelessly (except for my high school teachers)..Vice Versa!!

- Take many more trips around the world with family - (Have already went to 6 countries so far..alone & with family, but before our parents get trapped indoors by age and before we get trapped by kid's schools etc..want to go around some more)

- Be senior manager in hi profile postition - MBA or No MBA..this is for sure. I am already kinda..sorta...there..but one cannot be blamed to ask for much more

- Have one(preferably two, if god willing) kid and raise him/her good. - I have one wonderful and brilliant two year old. I want a companion for her in couple of years..before I am 35!!

- complete writing one book - This is a tough one for me. Inspite of my talents and pressure from friends & family to pen a book...I am taking my sweet time. There has to be a time and a mood and an environment to create something wonderful. You won't get it right..when ever you wish to write!! So..hopefully..I will have that time and energy!

- Make a physical fitness as natural activity as breathing- Hmm...This has been on my list since I had my baby 2 year ago. I am ,..may be just ...never be fit again. That is depressing to even type here!!..But who knows...I may do it...some day!!

Good luck with your lists. Puni, I am sure you have a "before 35 or 40 " list. It is never too late to start with a list and a plan. I will try hard on mine. Thanks

5. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hi ria and venus.
    i think its good that i wrote this list out in public. now i know how small and petty my list is after seeing yours. :hatsoff i should start thinking big i suppose. anyways i would like to add one more thing to my list as of now

1) write diary either online or on paper daily for 30 minutes.

when i come up with a sky-aimed list i ll post it again :)

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Nothing is petty and small, When it comes to planning life. You are one grown up women at such an early age.

Your list is pretty good too. Gave me kick to think about "until 35" list..
    Keep up and have them coming

Ria