Tips , tips , tips.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hasita,
    Great!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    Wonderful!
    Now, you must teach me, how to attach the photos like you, knowing I am nowhere "computer savvy" like you!! :-(
    I have got Khasta kachori to post next in steps.
    Envelope paratha, a friend tells me, is also called Lifafa parathai in Delhi side.
    Yes, it can be made in whole wheat atta, if you can spread it very thin. But now, I have "no hand", my Tortilla roti maker will do it for me!!
    I wonder what made you try a Jain recipe??:idea
    Thanks a ton. Please PM nme about attaching the photos. You have diownloaded from my post & done it - you are a computer-genius! :)
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

DEar Cm,
    Sure I will teach you how to do it, its no big deal. I am sending you a PM right now.

I read an fb about the Jain paneer pulao and I had the ingredients, so chumma tried it .. esp. because DH will eat quietly whatever i make ;-)

best,
    hasita

3. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Tamarind Paste at home

Dear Madam

I have prepared Tamarind Paste and followed your preparation method 20 days back. Till date it is very nice and fresh.

Daily i used to soak tamarind in water and take tamarind paste. Now i feel with your tamarind paste method we can use correct quantity of tamarind paste in cooking .Chances of using more tamarind paste is less.
    I strongly feel it is very handy and minimum waste.

Those who have daily usage of tamarind paste can try and see how it will be handy.

Thank you madam

with best regards

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  4. Chitvish

Re: Tamarind Paste at home

Dear Chidambari,
    Yes, I too find it very economical & because tamarind is precooked, we cut down on the cooking time too!
    Thanks for the FB.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dearest Chithu,
    Well.. i wanted to get this tip for along time from you.. but i forget everytime...If idli was a super hit yesterday;dosa today was a disaster :-(...Dough was too good, but i "sodhapified" not keeping tava in required heat i think.:hide:

Can you please gimme me some tips on how much heat to maintain for making dosa.I have a prestige non stick tava.
    Any tips to avoid stickiness?
    How to judge if the batter would give paper roast ones or only thick dosas..(this i ask because, sometimes i presume that i will come out like a paper roast, but will end up losing the entire dough to the sink for dosas will be teared all through).

Sorry for asking toooo many questions.. please take your time to answer.
    Thanks Chithu :)

6. Chitvish

Dear Aish,
    Prestige non-stick tava is ideal for dosa.Splash a drop of water. If it evaporates, tava is ready. Spread it slowly round & round. For golden brown roast, I have given a separate recipe. Keep on medium heat throughout, gradually incresing & decreasing the heat to maintain. In non-stick, dosa should not stick generally. Get uniform thickness first, the aim for paper-roast. Proceed in steps.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Chithu, my dearest,
    Reply at lightening speed....How could i thank you enough:bowdown.Well , i noted the tip you have given. Let me make dosas tomm. and will let you know the result.

8. snowy

snowy New IL'ite

Hi Mrs.Chitra,

I am new to this forum and I stumbled into your thread while surfing for recipes to acompany the phulkas that I have started making for my husband who has recently been diagnosed as a diabetic.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to make this thread a wealth of information.

Thanks once again for sharing your time and recipes with all of us.

Regards,
    Kalpana

9. saraswatibhat

saraswatibhat Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitra aunty,

I tried making the curds using the tips given by you.It is become little watery.Is it because of the cold weather here?Aunty ,
    please provide your suggestions for making curds in very cold weather

Thanks,

10. Chitvish

Dear Sara,
    The success of curd making depends mainly on the "starter curds".
    If you follow my tips completely, please get little starter curds from some friend & start again.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.