1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on living in Cleveland, Ohio

Discussion in 'Indians in Cleveland' started by jayachitra, Aug 4, 2006.

1. jayachitra

jayachitra New IL'ite

Hi everyone
    My husband has been offered a good job in Cleveland and we are planning to move there with our 4 month old son there. My sis and her family live in Houstan which is in the south where else Cleveland is in the North hence I can't get much tips from her. Is there anyone out there living in Cleveland who can give me basic information like grocery stores, restaurants, where to obtain infant stuff and what the price range is like.

Thank you
    Jaya

2. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

cleveland

Hi Jaya

I live in cleveland n its a good place to live. U will find many indians here.My hubby also works in cleveland downtown.But we live in parma which is very near to cleveland downtown here in parma a temple is very close to my place. u can enjoy each n every festival in temple like diwali etc.5-6 Indian stores r also here.Indian restaurants r also here.walmart is also here.u can buy things for ur kid in walmart.
    tops,giant eagle,and marcs r the stores where u can get groceries like veggies etc.marcs is d cheapest for rates.but they do cash only or accept discover card.

now a days here is summer season.but from nov. till mar. there will b winters.
    winters will start gradually from nov. n there will b snow fall. last year was my first winters here n I felt jan. n feb. were very cold.

I hope i have given sufficient information.If still u want to ask some question.
    feel free to ask.

happy moving
    bye

3. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I'm from Cleveland too, and i live in west suburbs. It will be nice to know each other. Lets pm each other also shoot me questions if u have any

4. shirashmi

shirashmi New IL'ite

Hello Jayachitra.
    First of all I like to know what part of the country you are coming from. We are living in cleveland area since 1972. Cleveland is big city, there is ni problem finding indian stores as we have about indian stores, very beautiful Shiva Vishnu temple & lots of activities. For more information yuo can PM me . Hope to talkto you soon.
    Rashmi.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  5. shwetajoshi

shwetajoshi New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Me and my husband moved to Westlake two weeks back.Our place is about 15 minutes from Cleveland Downtown,Rocky River, and North Olmsted area.Does anyone know of an Indian Beauty Parlor in Westlake or nearby areas.I did find some numbers on the net but none of them are working.It will be a great help if any of you know of a beauty parlor.

We are a young couple looking forward to make friends here.Anyone interested in same then please let me know.

Thanks,
    Shweta

6. kareena

kareena New IL'ite

are there any indian stores in cleveland westlake area,the only one we know and go to is in Parma that is 25 miles from our house.
    Thanks

7. shwetajoshi

shwetajoshi New IL'ite

We go to the one in Lakewood.Its called Indian Food emporium and it takes about 15 min from our place in westlake.this is the addr:17796 Detroit Rd. Lakewood,OH-44107.

8. shwetajoshi

shwetajoshi New IL'ite

there is one more grocery store in north olmsted which we found out few days back.it is called Asia imports.they have latest indian movie cds as well for rent.do u stay in westlake?

9. ramyajagan

ramyajagan New IL'ite

Diyas For Diwali

Hi friends,
    Does anyone know where I can get diyas for Diwali would you get it in the nearest indian grocery store on Mayfield road
    Have a great diwali

10. Ramyasri2012

Ramyasri2012 New IL'ite

Re: Diyas For Diwali

Hi all, can u give me some good apartment names...