1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

time to get up in the morning

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anamika29, May 3, 2007.

1. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Can you please share with me your experience in getting up in the morning? What time do you usually get up and the rest of the familly? I have a serious problem with that issue and it seems to ruin the rest of the day.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anamika,

Frankly getting up is purely a matter of your choice. We have been trained to feel guilty if we get up late. I am tired of my elders, my parents shouting at me for sleeping till 8 or 8 30.

I think it has to do with your inherent circardian rhythms. You have a body clock in you. And that decides when you should get up and when you should go to bed.

Not the expensive Quartz clocks that decorate our bedroom

Basically some of us are larks - very active in the morning but dull and docile in the night. Some of us are owls. Dull in the morning and active in the night. So find out who you are and then set a time that is convenient to you. Dont force yourself to get up pretty early.

I am an owl and till a few years back I used to get up only at 7 30 or 8. Now because I have to go for badminton I get up around half past 6.

But if you get up at the wrong time (that is if you are an owl and get up at 5 30 in the morning) then you are sure to ruin the whole day.

best of luck,
    Varalotti

sindmani and sveta86 like this.
  3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear anamika,
    i am a very early riser and sometime feel on what is this all my friends still asleep, and i also get mad at the milk man who comes only by 7.20 a.m for my first coffee which i want in the fresh milk, by the time the children are up, almost 3hrs have passed and u get very hungry and they are just abt to have their first coffee, yes ma, it is a mad world for the early risers.

sridhar it is not the owl who get up early, hahaha u got mixed up again..regards sunkan

4. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridharji/Anamika

I also feel that this body clock is more related to your mind as well..... If you keep thinking that you need to get by 6.30 in the morning you will surely wake at that time....... And for me its a mindset......... I feel very active the whole week only if I have a nap on sat or sun afternoon. ............now i have little bit come out of this........and as far as getting up early in the morning I have made others accept my style.........so its all in ur mind....

5. BujjiChitti

BujjiChitti New IL'ite

Hello Anamika,

My case is, actually I love to get up early in the mornings. But in our house I am unable to go to bed before 11.00 PM because we usually have dinner at 9.00 PM. I need atleast 8 hours of sleep. I dont sleep during the day time. So, I am finding it difficult to get up early. Even though I set the alarm to 5.00 AM, I switch it off when it buzzes. I am finding it difficult to get up at 5.00 AM having slept at 11.00 PM in the night. I switch off the alarm and get up at 7.00 AM. :cry: Its happening since 3 months. I have to find some inspiration to get up early in the mornings so that I can meditate for sometime.

But before marriage that was not the case. My mother would take care of all the cooking and we used to sleep by 9.00 PM and get up by 5.00 AM. :2thumbsup:

Take Care

Regards
    Bujji

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Sundari You got mixed up!

I told her that if you are an owl and still get up early in the morning you will ruin your whole day. You see Sundari now it is late in the evening here and the owl is at its most alert state.
    regards,sridhar

7. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for sharing. My problem is the same as Bujjichitti: i want to get up early because i have so many things to do and that would give me some free time during the day... but i cant because the work at night is too much and i only go to bed around 11:00. Besides, my kids don't like to sleep.

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

does time really matter
    to me ..yes..
    its not what you get done
    when you get up early
    its what you miss
    if you get up late....

like the early morning
    chirp chirp
    ko koos ka kaas

switch on jaya tv
    and theres the great lord
    to greet you ...
    with suprabatham.

the morning cool breeze
    is unpolluted
    a fresh feeling..
    read a newspaper if you want
    there is no one to demand
    coffee yet..!!

sing a song to yourself
    solftly ..gently..
    the world sure is yours..

call up your pop/mom
    if they are early birds too..
    nothing like a call from a loved one..

visit that jasmine patch
    mmm smells damn good..
    the rose is yet to bloom
    open that window..
    the sun is just rising
    a cute orange ball
    hey i woke up before you..!!

cycle bells all round
    milk on the doorstep..
    an hour all to myself..
    smile...the day well planned..
    the day is yet to start
    have a nice day..!!

sathya

9. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

Hi Amalika,
    I also beleive in the famous saying
    Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
    If you get up early, you can do lot of things and you will have time for your self after you finish with your work.
    Getting up early is healthy too, keeps u fresh through out the day.
    You will have enough time to do your work efficiently and slowly...without rushing and stressing.
    First few days will be a nightmare, but try to get up in the morning and do things that you love. You will surely enjoy getting up in the morning.
    Do not think that going to bed at 11pm is late and can't get up in the morning.
    If you feel tired, have a power nap in the afternoon(not more than 15 min).
    This might help you

regards
    kalpana.:wave

10. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Thankyou all. It was a big help.:2thumbsup: