1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time to get answer

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SurekhaKrishna, Sep 22, 2014.

1. JustLikeYou

JustLikeYou Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I really fail to understand your problem.

Your ILs are not staying with you.
    You are a stay at home mom.
    You have to invite your ILs just once a week.
    Your MIL & DH help cooking during that one day.
    When you are sick, you have the luxury of dropping the kid with your MIL eventhough you are a stay at home mom.
    Your SIL doesn't seem to bother you by dropping in as often as she can since she seems to have her own life.

Shall i tell you the story of most women?

ILs staying permanently staying
    Goes to work 5-6 days a week and cook every meal for 7 days a week
    ILs nd DH do not help in house chores or cooking
    No one to take of the children when sick. Have to take days off when the children are sick even if the ILs stay with them
    SILs constantly interfering in their married life.

You seem to be very immature and see things your way or highway.

I am surprised that your husband isn't complaining or fighting with you regarding your attitude.

2 people like this.
  2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

OP your problem is you have too much time on your hands and because your MIL and DH have their own lives and you dont have yours, you are nitpicking !

Make your own life, go to gym every weekday, learn cooking (you have started cooking 5 years back and still not learnt??? - it takes 2 weeks to learn cooking with the kind of time you have!!!)

Go through jiffy cooking of chitvish and krishnaamma in the food forums and learn tips on how to do cooking fast (like your MIL who has been cooking for 50+ years)

Spend just an hour daily to prep dishes and see how fast your cooking happens on weekends !!! Plan and organize !!!

Read a few threads on how people complete the cooking every single day and rush to office and then attend to guests (SILs family) over the weekends - and how organized and planned they are !!! Bring on your office skills - you said you were working - bring on your planning skills and write down a process, make a plan !!!

I understand the thyroid problem and that getting up early and getting enough energy is difficult - but you've started medication, now you also have to change your attitude - it is YOUR home, YOUR husband, YOUR baby and YOUR inlaws/guests !!! So start taking responsibility and get active!

Your MIL is handling SIL's kids, cooking, and also your DD when you're sick !!! And you really think she has the time to ask you about your health etc??? If you are complaining about handling cooking, baby and DH while you're just 30, you think your MIL will have the energy to talk sweet nothings with you while managing 2 families (SILs family and her own DH) at 60???

No wonder she is just waiting to get away to your place - I'm sure she needs rest as well - whats wrong in taking care of serving FIL's and own food and eating ??? Why does she need to wait for your DD to eat???

I'm surprised that while you can drop your baby to your SIL's place when you're sick, they are not expecting you to make lunches and dinners and drop it off at their place when they're sick???

If my SIL was studying and my MIL was taking care of her home and kids and I was a Stay at home mom - I would be supplying them with cut vegetables and ground batters on a weekly basis at least !!!

When my SIL came with a baby to my mom's place, I used to keep my SIL supplied with peeled garlic and methi sprouts to improve my SIL's breast milk supply !! And visit them every day to clean up the baby's bottles and cut veggies for my mom - this in addition to my own household duties and my son's school and my DH etc...

If they dont like frozen food, make the masalas in advance, chop the veggies, marinate in advance, do the cleaning and roasting and soaking and grinding and other preps - it should really take less than 1 hour for the lunch that you prepare for the weekend !!

1 person likes this.
  3. Rajapriya

Rajapriya New IL'ite

Hmm no reply till now .. If you are not checking this thread , I hope things have got better on your side. Wish some wonderful replies from this thread was useful. I would really wish owners of the thread reply saying - yep tried this way but dint work out or yep it worked - that way it make us feel satisfied else I feel like replying to unattended thread.

4. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Expectations!! thats when you get upset. If you do certain things for others and expect in return. It will never happen. You do things that you like. That's all do not expect things in return. Just thnk they are only that much knowledgeable. Dedicate is to SAI RAm! when she is rude just say SAI RAM loudly.