1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tickling...hahaha

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Happy2be, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Long time ago, I used to be a regular writer who would pen down daily conversations with her sweety pie. Not that she ain’t sweet anymore … not that she doesn’t gossip like before, in fact she does way much… just that mumma got just so busy. Reminding myself of her cute actions , naughty and innocent words that bring an instant smile to my lips, tickling questions that knock our minds….we see her growing fast…too fast. We miss each day that has gone and she dearly enjoys her “Bachpan ki baatein” and keeps asking for ours . mmmm let me jot down a few that I still remember before they too skip my mind.

She is a lyricist, would keep cooking her own songs…is a musician, would keep making up and assigning tunes to her words..is manipulative, would pick up a filmy tune and change the words and all we can cherish only and only if she is unaware that we are really noticing. Dancing before the mirror while I might be setting the adjacent almirah and papa in the same room watching TV or playing with her dolls acting a mum to them or a teacher or a dance instructor or a queen on throne solving the toy villagers issues…hahaha. SHe can piss us off, turn us head on heels when she turns cranky, then, no matter how many answers you give her, no matter how many proofs, she would have further clarifications for herself. And then if Mumma keeps mum continuing her work, she would keep coming over holding her little ears , tears rolling down continuously, nose turned red and murmuring

“Mumma I am feeling very sorry. I will not do this again. Please gussa mat ho.”

I would nod my head and say okay…”Mumma I know ap abhi bhi gussa ho.”

“DD I said okay.”

‘Apne okay bola but I know ap abhi bhi gussa ho.”

“DD please first you dont accept when I tell you softly and then firmly and then need to shout..and when I stop you suddenly realise. Please its okay, dont give me your sorries. Let us see that you are sorry by not repeating all that again.”

“Mumma I said na I’m sorry now you are making me cry again.”

‘DD please dont annoy me more. COme t o me when the crying is done and when you are ready to talk calmly.”

She sets a foot back and would come ahead after few minutes “Mumma what should I do, my tears are not stopping and when I try to stop crying, my throat pains.”

Mumma feeling deep inside to give a huge hug and kiss to my dolly but that would encourage her again and what I am doing is for her good..is what I have to remind myself a numerous times !! And in few different ways all this comes over at interval of few days or weeks. And when alls fine, DD asks one fine day – “Mumma people must be thinking how bad this mumma and daughter are..always fighting and scolding and crying and that we do’n love each other.”

“Who all DD.”

“Dadu Dadi and may be upstairs if they happen to hear us.”

They are not people baby. They are our family.

“Yes but when we are happy and playing and loving..we are soft and in our room, when we are fighting its loud and you keep moving away and I keep following you, so they only see u s fighting.”

hmmm…so what do we do?

“Not fight at all!!”

Thats a good idea, okay then you would listen to me if not in one but in 2 or at the max 3 times, right and ….etc etc, so as there be no fighting.

“Mumma, yes I will but you will also not scold me.” And there comes a bharat milap scene..rofl..as her papa calls it – Bharat Milap!!

Few days back, she made her handsome papa realise that he’s no more a bhaiya – “Hongi apki behene jo apko bhaiya kehti hongi but ho to ap uncle hi ab.” (there might be your sisters you call you brother but now you are actually uncle!!)

Fussy at milk, needs a minimum of 20 minutes for a normal sized mug and at least 10-12 reminders to sip it soon. One winter morning, just few days back when as usual she was fussy about getting out of the blanket – DD, get up fast now baby..its time for school and your milk is ready. “Mumma, ab kya main sari zindagi dhoodh peeke jeeti rahungi..ek din nahi doge to kuch ho to nahi jaega. so hi leti main itni der!!” (Mumma, now will I keep alive only on milk for my entire life.Not having for 1 days will not cause any harm..I could have slept for that much time ) LOL…what was to be done..laugh at her words or tell her firmly to sip her milk

DD singing something…continuosuly for too long than ever and we pay attention to her song – Kya ilaada hai tera…mere sath rehna hai ya uske sath jaegi…and in those toote foote words for another 10-15 minutes, not knowing that we are hearing she sang an entire love triangle story, to our ASTONISHMENT!! “Sam, where did you get this all from into your head? mmm..”

“WHat mumma?”

‘Whatever you were singing”

“I was playing in dadu’s room and there was some song in a serial and she named the characters of the serial and sung the first line again for us – Kya ilaada hai tera…

lol…its not Ilaada..its iraada…means what you wish or plan.

Acha…to mumma apka kya iraada hai …aj mujhe maggie banake doge?!! rofl

I find a broken toy, a very new one and ask DD…”No mumma I haven’t done this.”

Then who did so DD? You never lay back your toys, just push them in when I firmly ask and then you don’t find them when you need or else they are broken. I wo’nt get you new ones if you don’t learn to care .

Mumma, the neighborhood boy had come and when I was in the loo, he must have done this..Ap mujhpe INTEJAAM mat lagae jao …grrr..

Mumma rolly polly laughing and all the anger flew away – Kya mat lagae jao?

“INTEJAAM’

What intejaam?

“Ki maine toda hai..maine nahi kiya kuch…grrr”

Its not intejaam ..its ILZAAM

Han, whatever it is…mujhpe mat lagao..apne paas hi rakho !!! rofl

And such endless yummy words from her mouth..of which she doesn’t know the meaning but happens to bring into usage and would keep asking us how we spoke in our bachpan ke din !!

3 people like this.
  2. luvlyroses

luvlyroses Gold IL'ite

Very sweet post dear!
    Must say very cute mom-daughter pair

3. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

Happy2be,

How cuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttteee.....Loads of hugs and kissies to her....How old is she?

and very good narration as well....

I wish even I have this kind of patience and time to sit and write about my kids...

4. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

thanks...she would turn 6 now. just lost one of her milk tooth last week and has kept it in a small golden case since then and has been extremely excited to call up nanu nani...my siblings to tell them. SHe looks so cute when she smiles and so nasty when she cries with that window in her mouth..haha...while brushing her teeth, she would pour out a well focused water fountain out of that window...lol

1 person likes this.
  5. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

So cute of you and ur DD...loved reading ur post
    I have started having conversations with my DD who has just started forming proper sentences on her own......

1 person likes this.
  6. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

thats cute deep..we shall look forward to your cute posts now :)