1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Three questions about your DH :-)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by hrastro, Dec 17, 2012.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Friends, please answer these three questions :)

1) How many times DH jokingly says "You have to listen to me because I'm the husband" ?

2) How many times DH seriously says "You have to listen to me because I'm the husband" ?

3) How many times do you just give in for the sake of peace and do what your DH says because he is the husband ?

OK, first me !!!

1) Very regularly - for stuff like eat first before me, you must be tired, go take rest for sometime, dont watch TV tonite, take rest (so that he gets the remote :))

2) Very very rarely, when something goes really wrong, then for the next one day - do what I say because I'm the husband :-/

3) Several time I do stuff for the sake of peace, it is easier to just give in, than give explanations for my choice or argue about it ... e.g. leaving for some place early morning - I'll be getting breakfast ready, son will be ready, I'll be packing fresh items like food/drinks (hopefully nite itself, the rest is packed), calling other people to co-ordinate timings, and he'll still be sleeping... I'll be near his bed every 15 minutes, and he'll say let me sleep for 10 minutes more!!! :drowning BTW, we do leave within 5 minutes of the target time :)

Or if there are some older persons in the group, we're eating out, I'll say cream centre for Italian food/north indian for the kids, he'll say some udipi hotel for idli and rice for the elderly - so I just dont argue and allow the rest of the people to argue for themselves :) so if the kids win, we go Cream centre, if the elderly win, we go for idli/utapam - who am I to argue :) and who'll listen to poor me :)

2 people like this.

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

1) Several times
    2) &3) never...
    Yes, I am the high maintenance one:)

2 people like this.
  3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

1. several times
    2. not often
    3. frequently

4. SwarnaVenkat

SwarnaVenkat Junior IL'ite

1) Very very rarely
    2) Never(so far)
    3) Several times(mostly for bigger decisions)

5. ladki1

ladki1 Silver IL'ite

1.never from my side but i have told him several times You have to listen to me because I'm the wife.
    2.do
    3.same here he only......:)

6. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Hey OP,

thanks for these questions..:) am couunting my blessings.. touch wood.. this stays on forever.

My answers are
    1) never
    2)never
    3) rarely.. the moment i contradict on something he wants to find out the reasons.. and we both discuss and e very decision is a joint one.. its very rare tat i give in for peace.. he too doesnt want me to half-mindedly settle on something.. we both are not happy doing something that is not okay with the other person.

1 person likes this.
  7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

1.frequently,specially when he is pampering me :)
    2.never
    3.I have never felt that i gave in for peace sake but yes i do few things which he likes and i dont like , but not because I think he is my dh and I should listen to him but because I love him and feel when he does so many things for me with unconditional love I can also compromise a bit:)

2 people like this.
  8. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

This is has not happened in my case. He never tells me to listen to him just because he is husband. We live on mutual understandings.. So no questions like this between us.

9. SaleemaRex

SaleemaRex Gold IL'ite

1, 2 & 3 - Never (if there were any, I can't remember them).

10. laksiash

laksiash Senior IL'ite

Never for all three questions.....