1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Threading facial hair?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by vpriya, Mar 16, 2007.

1. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

I see many doing threading on upperlip to remove the facial hair, my dbt is wont the hair grow back long and thick? once done shd we keep doing it? if i do it for an occasion and then leave it off would it look ugly? the area around my lips looks dark when compared to the rest of my face, so i am just confused wether to remove or leave it as it is .

Any suggestions?

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi priya

just leave the hair as it is, oncec you start a routine u have to continue it... if u start upper lip threading u'll have to get it done evreytime like ur eyebrows...

u can try bleach for that... but do not get this threading done... the hair will become harder than before..

Cheers
    ~Abha

3. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi priya ,
    instead of threading u can do waxing also . it doen't make ur hair long and thick . but once u start all this things u hv to continue it . if ur hair r soft and light u can do bleach also but if it is hard and long u should do something like waxing or threading . specialy if ur complextion is fair . mine too hv fair complextion and i do waxing once in a month .

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Priya,

As everyone told you , you have to continue once you start. But in an emergency case if you can't go to a parlour, you can use pluckers to remove your hair.

You can also use the wax strips that are available nowadays . If you have only a light growth you can mask it by bleaching, done once in a month.

Love
    Latha :wave

5. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thankyou so much. I understand abt continuing threading. i do eyebrows once in a while only now, but as u say it shows very well that i didn't do eyebrows. before i was very particular, now with baby i have no time to think abt it. I will try bleach. i have brownish skin, the skin on my cheeks are fairer than around my mouth so it looks odd.
    If we do waxing for upper lip then do we have to do for whole face? i mean like near the cheek bone, near ears etc?

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Priya,

If you have facial hair only on the upper lip and chin area , you need to do waxing only there. Need not do the cheeks area.
    You have written that they are fairer than the mouth area. Bleach should be enough, that too if you need, for the cheeks.
    If you bleach the upper lip area and it is too much there, it'll look awkward sometimes.
    Try it out.
    Latha

7. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thanks

Thankyou Latha, will try it.

8. tal

tal New IL'ite

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1">Hello to all.

Sorry to slightly change the subject of this thread, but does anyone know of an eyebrow threader in Cleveland, Ohio, USA area?

Thanks so much. :)

9. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

hi frnds ,
    for me the hair on upperlip n chin has started after pregnancy and delivery and not sure whetehr there is any link ......other than bleach is there any alternative to stop the growth....and started losing lots of hair too

tia

10. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Dear friends
    Facial hair growth is a painful site for women folk but occurs in some stage of life either at the onset of menses, whn you are pregnant or after delivary or even after your menopause it is mainly because of the harmonal imbalances . We all knw testosterone is a male harmone which is responsible for such hair growth and male secondary charecteristics the levels of testosterone again vary with further harmones called tsh and lsh if we go into the depths BUT primarily whn we find ourselves in such imbalanced harmonal conditions facial hair occurs
    What to do is the prime concern we can thread it but growth is still there and sometimes stronger hairs also do appear because we try to hurt the hair root same is in the case of waxing or epilating with epilators like silk epil . or depletory creams.IF we bleach we tend to make the hair bleach in golden yellow colour ok with light skinned ppl but what about dark skins?
    Bleaching harms ur skin also.All depletory creams do carry a warning not for facial hair kindly observe.
    Go for permanent hair removal methods if avilable in your areas
    laser with nd yag ,diode laser ,LHE (light and heat technology) , are the best available and reasonable ones in india per sitting charges are around 2000 it would take around 5-10 sittings for your UP hair and more in your Chin areas
    alternatively you could also go for electrolyisis which is a time taking but effective method.
    FOR those who have no access to parlors
    In case you want to thread it is very easy you could do self threading also
    take a eyebrow thread (eyebrow shaping threads are different from regular sewing threads) around 6 -10 inches length . you get two loose ends pl put a knot to the both ends so tht it becomes a continouous thread in the form of a loop
    now scissor method is used using zig zag moment place the thread on your hair watching a mirror try to remove hair it wil take time in the begining but slowly with practice you can get gud results .
    try it and tell me :)