1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Those golden days

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Apr 28, 2009.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Those golden days.............I mean to fly down to those golden days when myas children were small.90s simply flew by what with hectic timewith their schooling.When it was holiday time it was really funtime.The house was always full,with my nephews.My brother in laws children were all boys,two of then from Delhi.We used to live in a huge compound where there werefour families.One of the familes 's children used to join these children when play started. Two of sister's children also used to join.Hide and seek used to their major game.We used to be very scared as there used to be lot of monkeys in that and the owners mother once laughingly said nothing will happen as you a;lready have a bunch of them at home.
    Afternoon is spent by watching tv and their used to be some channel fighting,and again it used to be followed by a long session of cricket.Owners mother used to scream as her rangoli had been erased off when they were playing cricket.In between my daughter used to have her dancing classes at home as well as my son's violion classes as well.Night time will be exclusively for pillow fighting and bedtime stories.
    Eventually we were asked to move out of the house for the noise created........
    Then when we moved into a flat it was more fun.There were atleast 2 children of my son's age and they all had roaring time.There used to a badminton session every evening followed by hide and seek,cycling and what not.Only my daughter used to feel left out as she was much younger,anyway she used to barge her way into every session by her virtual high pitch SCREAM..........These nephews and nieces joined the fun whenever possible.We used to have regular eat out sessions,going out to the beaches as well.Summertime was always full time card sessions on the landing throughout the day and at night in some one's house between 9 and 11.We used to have birthday parties as well.Once there was a big halla bulla for some stolen properties in our compound and we also were searching for it little realising that my son's lovely purple cycle which was parked behind was one of them............We used to watch regular movies at our M.I.T club and take some of the flat friends along.In fact ,we planned a nice 4 days trip by Pandian express with 18 of them.It was really fun.Diwali was another even to look forward to ........Whenever a new item is bought by some one,all of us used join together to burst it.........Pooja,get togethers,even when there was a death in a family ,we used to rally to gether.
    Now children are grown up and my nephews and nieces have started woking and moved out to different places.......My friends have moved out,yet the memoirs of 90s lingers on.............
    al

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

There were two children of my son's age in each flat,so quite a lot of them.

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear
    You seemed to have real gala time, its really beautiful. Cherish the moments, everything will change so now you will be having different experience.
    Enjoy every moment of life
    Jaya

4. umakarthik

umakarthik New IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,
    Nice musings.I remember when we were kids we used to be out of house in the sun the whole day playing chor police and hide and seek cricket what not!It was so much fun!

5. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

An interesting post on the days of childhood and adolescence...

Life passes by so fast, without our realising it... and as we relive the cherished memories, happiness is two-fold... as we actually experienced it then and as we fondly recall them now!

Good one :thumbsup, Kanaka dear...

LnBBHs,
    Padma